Hell's Kitchen

Anything and everything until something is done to categorize all things.

Re: Hell's Kitchen

Postby Your Hero Jed » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:52 pm

Yeah we're 9-12 with cox and now that i live further from the main hub, i'm actually getting a better signal than before prolly do to less people
Fresh out of batteries, but we're still making noise.Image
Your Hero Jed
Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Postby Harris » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:19 pm

Where i live the only company's we have to deal with are time warner or some local business for internet and they all do fine. But while i have been out here in California visiting my family i have had the run in with comcast or as you guys say and I fully agree with comcrap. I have only had a short experience with them i have been quite displeased. The speed that i would get form the connection was horrible and about every fifteen minuets they would lose service completely they would even lose their phone service. They said that they had tried to get it fixed and all that they had been told by tech support was that it was odd and that they should just wait it out because it might just be the load on the lines causing it. I would definitely have to give these guy an A for there cruddy customer service ive seen some bad service before but this one tops it all. Makes me glad to have roadrunner back home and they actual care about the customer.
"Being in the army is like being in the Boy Scouts, except that the Boy Scouts have adult supervision"
Harris
Pink Collar
Pink Collar

Postby pesetas » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:03 pm

Here's the comcrap problem according to about.com:

"Cable Speed Considerations
Did you know your cable speed will vary depending on the usage pattern of your neighbors? Cable modem services share bandwidth among subscribers in a locality. The same cable line connects to many households. If many of your neighbors access the Internet simulataneously, it is a distinct possibility that cable speeds for you (and them) will decrease significantly during those times."

It's more than a distinct possibility! It's a fact. The article went on to state that although cable can boast higher bandwidth than DSL, DSL is more reliable depending on how far away you are from the hub. This kind of clenches it for me. Tomorrow I order DSL and tell Comcrap to eff off.
So if anyone is in the market for a cable modem...I HAVE ONE CHEAP FOR YOU!
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Postby pesetas » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:33 pm

So does anyone want to hear the latest in my Comcrap adventure???
OF COURSE YOU DO BITCHES! So I wrote another scathing email to Comcrap and today they sent another tech out. So the tech checks my ping and of course it's fine. So I explain to HIM THE PROBLEM WITH THEIR SERVICE and I show him a log of all of MY PING TESTS. He completely disagrees with my analysis of the problem but goes outside to check the external wiring. Well, my my, here comes the tech with his head hung low. Long story short they are sending a maintenance crew out tonight to fix the mess outside. Oh and the guy had the nerve to tell me that it wasn't high volume but it was the tempurature cooling off outside at night that was causing the problem. I offered to let him read several articles I'd found stating the contrary but of course he declined... :UmmmHmm:

TO BE CONTINUED...
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

pesetas
Master
Master

Postby StrongMAD » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:21 pm

Temperature? Temperature! Wow, that's a new one on me. The only way temperature could ever come into the equation is that it increases resistance in wires (if only slightly) and since packets are bits (ie digital data) it should have no effect whatsoever until the point where you get data loss due to noise...

It's amazing how fast you stop getting BS excuses from them when you say things like "Well, if you consider the Lagrangian expression of Quantum Electrodynamics, noting that electrons obey fermi-dirac statistics, you'll find that the only way for a Gaussian wave-packet to vary in propagation speed is for the metric function to deviate significantly from Minkowski space, something requiring a mass the size of a star in a small neighborhood." That was my last rant when I was told that 'the electricity was moving slower on the line because it's too full'.
*FDB*Loki - Couldn't hit a planet at close range...
StrongMAD
White Collar
White Collar

Postby Majik » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:50 pm

Wow,Im gonna have to try that line sometime!

So, Pes, Im confused, the guy DID find a problem in your outside wiring?
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pesetas » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:54 pm

Gee that was a mouthful Strong! I think though that when I pointed out that everyone's cable still works in the winter time it made him really wish he'd never gone down that road.

Yeah Majik, the signal is extremely weak in the external wiring so it's not just me. Prolly only reason no one complains is cuz they're not gamers and they don't need a steady ping like us.

Hmmm think I'm gonna have to read some more of those Strong Mad articles!!! :Dunce:
- Sun Tzu

pesetas
Master
Master

Postby pesetas » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:30 pm

Well here's the Comcrap latest. On Friday one of the Technical Sups called me and actually fessed up to everything. He couldn't believe that the guy told me that the cooler nighttime temperatures were the issue. Anyway, he said that Comcrap is going to have to come in and re-wire the complex. He guaranteed me that by the end of the first week in August...I will have blazing fast internet...uh huh... :UmmmHmm:

So, always trusting, I'll give Comcrap a little more time. Oh and funny thing is that the Tech Sup I spoke with actually said that he prolly shouldn't have told me all that he did but that he's a gamer and knows how sucky it is to have effing LAG all the time...

to be continued...
- Sun Tzu

pesetas
Master
Master

Postby pesetas » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:42 pm

Buh-bye Comcrap...you bunch of f**king a-holes!!! Yes, back with ATT and flying on the net, for now at least. We'll see how my ping holds up during the evening but so far so good!
- Sun Tzu

pesetas
Master
Master

Postby Majik » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:58 pm

we've had comcrap out 3 sundays in a row to fix a cable tv problem. The first two times it was the same tech.First time he said the coax was too old and too poor quality .It was the original cable they put in when we got the service 10 years ago. The second time re prepalced the cable box.
After both visits we had the same problem.
The third tech came, put a signal amplifier on and the cable tv has worked fine since.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pesetas » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:42 pm

You guys all f***ing suck... :UmmmHmm:

(ah...I was bored...feeling better now) :RubberNecker:
- Sun Tzu

pesetas
Master
Master

Postby Your Hero Jed » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:50 pm

uh-oh. has my wife been telling stories about me again? :Puking:
Your Hero Jed
Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Postby Pixie » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:46 pm

Ok, so I am officially tired of Utah's humidity levels. This morning I got a bloody nose, for the EIGHTH time in 5 days! Freakin' A#*&^$ :Censored: ! And to top that off, my skin is dryer than all crap, after applying lotion (GOOD LOTION, I might add), for the third time today. UGHHHHH! Georgia, why are you so far away?!

-Pixie :Queen:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
-Jack Handey
Pixie
White Collar
White Collar

Postby pesetas » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:49 pm

"It puts the lotion on it's skin...it does what it's told..."

That's right Pixie...let it out...you've come to the right place. Tell that f***ing bloody nose what you think of it!

BTW...I used to get them all the time in El Paso...some plain old vaseline smeared inside your nose should stop that...

Now get your a** back here to the south damnit!
- Sun Tzu

pesetas
Master
Master

Postby Your Hero Jed » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:47 am

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or get's a bloody nose again
Your Hero Jed
Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Postby pesetas » Wed May 27, 2009 12:52 pm

Sup bitches. Been a long time since I've bitched here. Actually I'm pretty content at the moment so I don't really have anything to rant and rave about.

Having said all that...I know some of you asshats need to b**** and whine about something...so come on...let it out...you can tell Booby!
- Sun Tzu

pesetas
Master
Master

Postby Majik » Wed May 27, 2009 1:50 pm

well lets see, I've almost flatlined twice this week. While doing my dialysis my BP went down to 77 over 40....is that something worth bitching about?
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pesetas » Wed May 27, 2009 1:55 pm

Holy sh** Majik! Yes...please...b**** away!

...and take care of yourself damnit!
- Sun Tzu

pesetas
Master
Master

Postby Majik » Wed May 27, 2009 5:25 pm

Yeah,seriously, I was sitting in the chair and suddenly felt strange.....almost like my body was going completely numb.
I basically said I don't feel right and everyone said I turned white as a ghost,so my wife said take your BP,and that's when we saw it was 77 over 40. It was quite scary at the time.
I don't think I have posted any updates lately on myself, but we do dialsysis at home now and not in a clinic and I have to do it six times a week instead of three,which is why you all aren't seeing me on as much. I'm gonna post some pics one day showing the home setup.
I know I've said it before, but it is quite a journey going from being healthy most of your life to what I deal with now.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pesetas » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:12 pm

So how's things going lately you old fart?...(that means you Majik)
- Sun Tzu

pesetas
Master
Master

PreviousNext

Return to The Spittoon