Snipers And Spies

Snipers And Spies

Postby Majik » Fri May 22, 2009 10:56 am

And only 1 FDB!
Not a soul got on the server with me last night,and it was a night from hell.
Steam wasn't working, most players were being snipers and/or spies trying to get achievments and towards the end of the night Steam was knocking me off every 5 seconds.
It basically sicked.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Snipers And Spies

Postby pesetas » Fri May 22, 2009 11:59 am

Yeah Majik...I updated the server first and then went for my own update and holy cow...it took like an hour. So by the time I had finished it was time for my old a** to go to sleep. 0530 comes early :Chillin:
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Postby Pixie » Fri May 22, 2009 12:57 pm

I tried to join you last night, but the server was full. Plus Steam was being really dumb, kept freezing, etc. I hope to be on there tonight for a while. Should be fun, and sorry about your crappy night last night. Glad you stuck it out for a bit...
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
-Jack Handey
Pixie
White Collar
White Collar

Postby *FDB*Tenacious D » Fri May 22, 2009 1:34 pm

I tried to play last night too, but couldn't get the update finished before heading off to bed. :ROFL:
*FDB*Tenacious D
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 204

Postby Your Hero Jed » Fri May 22, 2009 1:51 pm

I heard the unlocks are random now. no more achievement hunting.
Fresh out of batteries, but we're still making noise.Image
Your Hero Jed
Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Postby Knightrider » Sat May 23, 2009 8:34 am

I cant get it to update for me.
Too Close for Missiles, switching to guns
Negative Ghostrider, the patterns full

[url=http://ragealliance.eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=323683]
Image[/url]
Knightrider
Pink Collar
Pink Collar

Postby pesetas » Sat May 23, 2009 9:04 am

It's a pyro paradise right now with everyone playing sniper and spy. Oh and demo paradise too. Those snipers are so busy with their new toys you can walk right up to them...no problem. I lit up so many spies last night I kept running out of fuel :RubberNecker:
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Postby *FDB*Tenacious D » Tue May 26, 2009 1:45 pm

Is that why I haven't seen Strong lately? Something tells me he's not gonna like the pyro paradise! :pyro:
*FDB*Tenacious D
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 204

Postby Majik » Tue May 26, 2009 3:30 pm

lol, I could be wrong, but I think its because he finally broke down and got L4D. He's been play that a bit lately.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby StrongMAD » Tue May 26, 2009 8:32 pm

Yeah, I finally got L4D when it went cheap for a weekend and it's pretty fun, so I've been playing it a lot recently. I also don't like the way TF2 is going with jars of p*ss and gimmicks. I know the game is meant to be cartoon violence funny, but to me this is just juvenile and doesn't add much to the game. Actually when you do the math, it's better just to shoot someone than throw the jar on them - the jar adds 35% damage, meaning to kill a soldier you'd need to do about 160 dmg, and shooting him does more than 40 dmg, so you're better off just taking a pot shot at him than throwing the jar. I know the jar hits multiple people, but given that you then have to switch weapons, etc etc, it just seems like a stupid joke rather than something innovative.

It just feels like these updates are done for the sake of having something new (hats?) instead of actually adding worthwhile content to the game. I'd much rather have seen the pyro get an airblast jump say, so he can actually pounce on people and do his job, or the engineer get something to help with demo stickies, or well, something NEW. Especially since you can't even GET the new weapons unless you randomly encounter them. It'll take about a week then everyone will be used to the spy's new tricks, and they gave the sniper a shield that makes it even more favorable to camp - the worst thing that snipers do!

Personally I think it's more of a soldier's paradise - all those spies and snipers are easy prey, and pyros are still just a free kill to you.
*FDB*Loki - Couldn't hit a planet at close range...
StrongMAD
White Collar
White Collar

Return to Team Fortress 2