latest update server fubar?

latest update server fubar?

Postby pesetas » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:04 pm

Well folks this latest update seems to have bound up our server a tad. I can't get it to connect. Perhaps it's just me as I see some other servers up. I'll keep digging...

update- according to some postings on the Steam forums, ours isn't the only server down. Some people are saying the new update toasted sourcemod. I'll try again later...

update- i confirmed that sourcemod has been broken by the update which causes the server to not boot properly. I imagine they will patch this by tomorrow. many people bitching on the sourcemod.net site and steam forums. please check back with our server tomorrow night.

nite, nite... :UmmmHmm:
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Re: latest update server fubar?

Postby pesetas » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:49 am

I received an update from our server host. It's confirmed that the update wiped out sourcemod functionality. I will have to remove sourcemod, sometime this evening I suppose, until sm comes up with a fix.... :UmmmHmm:
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

pesetas
Master
Master

Postby pesetas » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:54 am

The server is back up. Unfortunately we had to disable mani as well. Admins should be able to use rcon functions to change levels, kick, ban, etc.
Hopefully Valve or SourceMod will figure this mess out soon...or not...
- Sun Tzu

pesetas
Master
Master

Postby StrongMAD » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:00 am

Quicklist for those who need it:

rcon_password Majisthebest -- the login command (use the real password) you'll need for accessing rcon commands on the server.
rcon changelevel ctf_turbine -- change level command. This is probably the one you want most.
status -- lists all players and their ID number (needed for kick/ban if someone's messing with names)
rcon kick "*FDB*StrongMAD" -- a command that should never be used!
rcon banid "[SKC]Boobytrap" -- the standard ;-)
rcon mp_timelimit 50 -- increase the map time to 50 minutes, useful if you want to change a map sooner/later

kick and ban also work with the numbers from status:

rcon kick 122 -- kicks player 122 as listed in status.
*FDB*Loki - Couldn't hit a planet at close range...
StrongMAD
White Collar
White Collar

Postby pesetas » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:11 am

Good call Strong. Thanks.
- Sun Tzu

pesetas
Master
Master

Postby pesetas » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:10 am

It's no surprise that SourceMod is big time pointing fingers or more appropriately "the finger" at Valve for this latest update debacle. To SM's credit they have put out some developer snapshots of plugins that should handle this. I am going wait though for the official release that should be coming out in a couple of days, just to be on the safer side....
- Sun Tzu

pesetas
Master
Master

Postby Aunt Jemima » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:53 pm

Thanks for the updates Pes! I know how much of a pain it can be. When they released the first unlock updates with the medic it screwed EVERYTHING up too. Seems like this go around its even worse. Either way...we all appreciate the hard work!

>SELECT * FROM tblUsers WHERE clue > 0
0 rows returned

"It's easier to be terrified by an enemy you admire."
Thufir Hawat to Feyd-Rautha
Aunt Jemima
Pink Collar
Pink Collar

Human Verification: 204

Postby Epidemic » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:15 am

Post Editted By Epidemic And New Post Made In Backroom
Last edited by Epidemic on Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Epidemic
Cog
Cog

Postby pesetas » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:47 am

It depends on which particular admin plugin people where running when the update came out. As previously stated, our admins may use rcon until we've had the chance to install the new plugins. As for other servers, um, perhaps we should refrain from advertising them here. Folks can find you on other servers through the Steam Friends network.
- Sun Tzu

pesetas
Master
Master

Postby TyraeL » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:06 am

There servers are good they have alota servers...but the catch is unless you donate 4 bucks a month, you prob will get kicked out for reserved slots(People who donate). That alone makes it to hard for all of us to play on there servers.
TyraeL
Pink Collar
Pink Collar

Postby Pixie » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:10 am

I think what he was getting at was to ask people on the "No Hero" server if they did something special to get their stuff up and running again. I have complete faith that you've done what you can though Pes. Sometimes Steam is just stupid.
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
-Jack Handey
Pixie
White Collar
White Collar

Postby pesetas » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:35 am

Pixie wrote:I think what he was getting at was to ask people on the "No Hero" server if they did something special to get their stuff up and running again. I have complete faith that you've done what you can though Pes. Sometimes Steam is just stupid.

Yes I get all that and thanks. What I'm referring to is posting other server's IP addresses here in the public forums. At any rate, no harm, no foul. Next time use the Backroom, por favor... :WinkEgg:
- Sun Tzu

pesetas
Master
Master

Postby Majik » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:45 am

Yeah, what Pes is getting at is I'm a real prick when it comes to posting other servers or boards or anything else along that lines without clearing it first.
If we get to the point where we are hosting other clans on this board then of course they can post there info,but we aren't there yet.

Now ,back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pixie » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:22 pm

So any updated news on Mani? I know you have worked on it before, and you have been busy Pes. I was just making sure you hadn't forgotten about those of us who play TF2... :pokeyaeye:

ok ok, I just miss playing with you Pes! Plus Mani sure would be nice, especially after a night like tonight. I think we have a couple more loyal people to our server now. They see what kind of people we DON"T like on our server, and just how different we are. Go FDB!!! :BanBoy:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
-Jack Handey
Pixie
White Collar
White Collar

Postby pesetas » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:13 am

Mani's beta still is not working with our config. They are still working on it. For now, admins may use rcon in much the same manner as mani.
- Sun Tzu

pesetas
Master
Master

Postby Pixie » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:25 am

Sounds good Pes. Mack helped me upload a program that helps me control the server when I am out of game. This way I can be of help sometimes too. I also finally followed y'all's advice and wrote down a cheat list to help me know some rcon controls. I guess all I can wish for now is for Pes to find time to come play with us sometimes... ;)
-Jack Handey
Pixie
White Collar
White Collar

Postby pesetas » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:44 am

Yeah I've kind of lost my appetite for TF2 at the moment, too loud and disorganized. I do miss you guys though. On that note you should try CSS. Much more cerebral IMO...

The only problem I have with using HLSW to do the rcon is that I feel that the admins actually need to witness certain types of behavior before taking action and that can only be done if you're specing...
- Sun Tzu

pesetas
Master
Master

Postby Majik » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:01 am

I dont know what it is about the css server, but I tried to join it two days in a row and everytime I did it knocked out my modem signal.
Its very strange as it only happens when I try to join that specific css server
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pixie » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:38 pm

pesetas wrote:On that note you should try CSS. Much more cerebral IMO...

I keep hearing that, and I am looking into it. However, I do find I love the brainless stuff; hence TF2. I'll give it a whirl though, once I am able to pick it up in my price range...
-Jack Handey
Pixie
White Collar
White Collar

Postby pesetas » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:50 pm

It's like 5 bucks nowadays I think...well worth the investment...
- Sun Tzu

pesetas
Master
Master

Next

Return to Team Fortress 2