Praise and Scorn

Praise and Scorn

Postby Your Hero Jed » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:34 pm

Does this work in TF2? Like where you can play a custom sound when someone is dominating someone else?
Fresh out of batteries, but we're still making noise.Image
Your Hero Jed
Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Re: Praise and Scorn

Postby MacK » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:37 pm

Sure - I might need to modify the script a bit, but yes, it should work. Do we want it on the server?
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Postby Your Hero Jed » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:44 pm

I thought it was really cool. Especially if you could make it totally random for the totally random people.
Your Hero Jed
Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Postby StrongMAD » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:16 am

To be fair, I should raise two possible problems:

1) Requires us to get metamod installed, and then some kind of eventscripts installed on top of that. So far as I know, eventscripts doesn't work on TF2, and metamod isn't stable either.

2) Requires extra downloads - people are put off by having to download extra files on connecting to the server.

Now if we're OK with these, I'd love to have the P+S mod on - it was great in CSS. For the moment, however, I'm enjoying how much our server is filling up and am loathe to change anything that we don't have to.
*FDB*Loki - Couldn't hit a planet at close range...
StrongMAD
White Collar
White Collar

Postby MacK » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Strong - good points. One minor detail - metamod won't be necessary. Actually, I was running eventscripts w/o metamod for the last year or so on the CSS server. The times that I put it on the server had crash issues, so I ran it without.

As for the extra downloads, praise and scorn will require some rework because the downloads were dependent on mani. I can probably configure it so that if you download the sound pack seperatly, you will hear the sounds and get the messages, otherwise, you will only get the on screen messages. This will eliminate the issues with downloads. That might be the best alternative. Thoughts?
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Postby *FDB*LoKi » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:05 pm

Haha, Just hitting my 100th post :P before Strong. I'm such a wiener or winner YEAH BABY......
The World is an unexplained sense of malfunction and destruction, but I'm glad to witness it!
*FDB*LoKi
Pink Collar
Pink Collar

Postby StrongMAD » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:39 pm

Quality not quantity my friend. I don't have the verbal diarrhea :outhouse: that you do, so I'm always bound to have less, er, output. Anyway, MacK, that sounds pretty good. We should think about putting together a file pack or something for the server, and having some custom domination sounds etc might be good for that.
*FDB*Loki - Couldn't hit a planet at close range...
StrongMAD
White Collar
White Collar

Postby Your Hero Jed » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:22 pm

Good Call on the download turning people away. We Should wait until we have a good core group then slowly work them in.
Your Hero Jed
Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Return to Mapping & Scripting