TF2 Dedicated Server Updates

Re: TF2 Dedicated Server Updates

Postby MacK » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:25 am

LOL - I promise I will try to come play more often... things are a little nuts right now.
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Postby MacK » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:36 pm

The required update for Team Fortress 2 is now live. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive it. The specific changes include:

New features:
- Added The Force-A-Nature, The Sandman, and Bonk!
- Added 35 new Scout achievements.
- Added crit boosted on/off sound effects.
- Added new sounds for upgraded teleporters.
- Added new sound for a fully charged medic dying.
- Add bonus points section to scores.
- Scouts earn a bonus point for killing Medics who are actively healing a target.
- Added several new speech concepts, mostly hooked up to new Scout lines.
- Added new "Remember last weapon between lives" option to the Multiplayer Advanced dialog.
- Spies can now control which weapon the enemy team sees them holding. Hitting the "last disguise" key while disguised updates the disguise to show the Spy's currently held weapon.
- Added several new Arena mode announcer speech events.
- Added "First Blood" to Arena mode.
- Removed 2x item respawn times in arena.
- Changed backstab handling to fix facestabs.
- Spies disguised as enemy team can now see player IDs for enemies.

New maps:
- Added community maps: cp_egypt, arena_watchtower, and cp_junction.
- Updated cp_fastlane with Arttu's new version.

Mapmaker requests:
- Added new input for forward speed modifier to FuncTrainTrain.
- Added TeleportToPathTrack input to func_tracktrain.

Bugfixes:
- Fixed a bug where players would sometimes gib from non-gib damage kills.
- Fixed stat screen showing an entry for a class called "map."
- Fixed item model panels not using team skins.
- Fixed obscure bug where spectators were able to carry the flag.

Jason
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacK » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:07 pm

A required update for Team Fortress 2 is now available. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive it. The specific changes include:

Gameplay changes:
- Added a duck timer that prevents duck spamming while running around on-ground.
- In-air, players are only allowed to duck once before they touch ground again.
- Fixed several bounding box issues with jumping, falling, and rocket jump air-walking. Bounding box should be much more accurate there now.
- Increased backstab check so that Spies can side-stab again.
- When disguising, Spies now always start showing the primary weapon in their disguise, and can then switch it with the last-disguise key.

TF2 Fixes:
- Fixed flamethrower loophole that resulted in the flame effect being stuck on while the flamethrower wasn't really firing.
- Fixed exploit that allowed players to circumvent the force-fire timeout on the pipebomb launcher.
- Fixed a bug that caused Natasha's slow on hit effect to be inverted from 75% to 25%.
- Restored sawmill_logs.mdl file, fixing some user maps that used it.
- Fixed some localization issues with Scout achievement strings.
- Removed the "Final" phrasing in the map loading screen.

Engine fixes:
- Fixed a server crash on startup under Linux.
- Fixed a buffer overflow issue related to network string tables.
- Gamestats uploading is now done asynchronously. This fixes the client timeout issues on map changes.

CP_Junction:
- Fixed an exploit where engineers could build a teleporter exit in an invalid area.
- Fixed a few bad overlay assignments and other minor issues.

Jason
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacK » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:35 pm

The required update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive it. The specific changes include:

- Players who are stunned by a Scout now take 50% less damage
- Increased the minimum distance to stun a player with the Sandman
- Fixed problem where clients were unable to join a team or maintain a connection to the server
- Fixed Scout taunt kill achievement firing for people who didn't actually qualify
- Fixed client crash in when creating muzzle flash effects
- Fixed client crash when determining which disguise weapon to use for a spy
- Fixed Natascha's chain not being drawn on the view model
- Fixed stun code regression that resulted in a subtle reduction of Natascha's slowdown effect
- Fixed rocket & grenade jumps not propelling players as far as they're supposed to

And again, you no longer and should not be running your server with "-NoQueuedPacketThread".

Jason
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacK » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:28 am

A required update for Team Fortress 2 is now available. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive it. The specific changes include:

General
- Added an option to the advanced multiplayer menu to select left or right handed view models
- Fixed a bug where a spectator's wearable items could be seen floating around the player they were spectating
- Fixed a bug where a fake Spy hand would appear on the screen of other players
- Custom death animations now only play 25% of the time
- Fixed teleporters not being build-able in some places where they should be (such as within the pit at the end of Badwater Basin)
- Fixed rare client crash on connection and level change
- Removed refract from water ripples caused by bullet impacts for performance reasons
- Added log entries for player extinguished events using the medigun, jarate, flamethrower and dispenser
- Started tracking localization settings to help make decisions regarding localization in the future
- Fixed the blank progress bar in the upper-left of the screen when the client scheme is reloaded

Mapmaker requests
- Added spawn flag to func_respawnroomvisualizer that allows it be non-solid to players
- Added SetSolid input to func_respawnroomvisualizer to change solidity to players dynamically
- Added OnWonByTeam1 and OnWonByTeam2 outputs to the TFGamerulesProxy

Sniper
- Fixed a bad detection case in the "Friendship is Golden" achievement
- Changed the description of the "Triple Prey" achievement so it better describes how to get it
- Critical arrows now have a trail and correctly deal enhanced damage
- The Huntsman now defaults to be right handed
- Friendly arrows will no longer trigger the near miss sound on you
- Fixed several sources of floating arrows

Spy
- Fixed disguised Spies occasionally looking like they have invulnerability, instead of the correct fake Spy mask
- Disguised spies will no longer lose their disguise weapon when they interact with a weapon locker
- Fixed a bug where the spy's watch would randomly change models during play
- Fixed uncloaked spies flickering in and out of the cloak effect when taking damage
- The Cloak and Dagger now always regenerates at its intended rate. Previously it only regenerated at the correct rate when the spy was cloaked
- Increased the Cloak and Dagger regeneration rate slightly
- Capped the rate of energy loss from moving faster than run speed (falling / air toss) while cloaked with the Cloak and Dagger
- The Dead Ringer's cloak consume rate has been slightly reduced, giving about an extra second of cloak time on a full meter
- Emerging from the Dead Ringer's cloak now drains up to 40% of the cloak meter instead of 100%. This drain only happens if the meter is at least 60% full
- The Dead Ringer's cloak meter can now be regenerated from ammo sources
- The Ambassador now only crits when fully accurate and no longer penetrates enemies
- The Spy can no longer change weapons from the knife while shocked by the Razorback
- Force-A-Nature & Flamethrower air blast knockback effects no longer work on disguised spies
- Fixed disguised Spies showing the wrong teleporter effects when using an enemy teleporter

Jason

MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Majik » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:54 am

Don't know if it's realted, but I have been unable to join our server for the past 2 days and I'm getting this :
Server is enforcing consistency for this file: particles\water_dx80.pcf
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pesetas » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:01 am

I'll try to get on the server tonight to see if that effects me as well. Might be due to the latest update. Have you restarted Steam since the last update?
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Postby Majik » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:17 pm

Yes, Ive restarted several times. But Ive honestly not had time to research the problem.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacK » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:34 pm

Delete your cache files and restart. Should fix it. If not, deleting all content and reinstalling TF2 will fix it. I had this problem a while back and did some research and learned that deleting the cache would fix it. Dumb me clicked on delete all content, so I had to completely reinstall, which also fixed it. :)
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Majik » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:46 pm

Mack, what do you mean cache files? PC cache or Steam cache? All I can find on Steam is "selete local content" and that says it will completely delete the game.......
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pesetas » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:54 pm

It was a server error with the last update! I've fixed it. Don't delete anything!
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Postby Majik » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:52 pm

I tried and I can join now, thanks Pes!
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacK » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:05 pm

ENGINE
* If the installation is an HLTV relay we allow clients to connect as HLTV clients even if tv_enable is set to false. A recent exploit fix made it such that we ignore the flag indicating that the client is an HLTV client if tv_enable is false, but it is possible that relays won't have this ConVar set

TEAM FORTRESS 2
Additions / Changes
* Backpack improvement
- Added support for 100 slots in the backpack
- Backpack can now be sorted by type
- Multi-selection in the backpack is now done by holding down the Ctrl key
* Alt-fire on the Sandvich now drops sandviches:
- A single sandvich can be dropped at a time. Dropping the sandvich removes it from the Heavy
- A Heavy can regain his sandvich by collecting a healthkit while already being at full health
- Eating a sandvich using the taunt method now heals a Heavy to full health
- Dropped sandviches heal 50% of the collector's health
* Medic regen changes:
- Base regen amount increased from 1/sec to 3/sec
- Regen amount increase since time of last damage decreased from 3x to 2x
- End result of above: Old healing scaled from 1/sec to 3/sec based on time since being damaged (maxed out at 10 seconds). New healing scales from 3/sec to 6/sec
* Blutsauger:
- Replaced "No critical hits" negative attribute with "-2 health drained per second on wearer"
- Health drain stacks on top of the above Medic regen changes, lowering the base regen by 2h/sec
* Added "mp_windifference" server ConVar (default to 0)
- When set to X, matches will be considered won if a team gets X points ahead of the other team
* Added a "Remember the active weapon between lives" option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options dialog
* Added "Disable weather effects" option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options dialog
* Added "Show non-standard items on spectated player" option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options dialog
- If set (default), it'll show non-standard items being carried by the player you're spectating
* Tournament mode changes
- New item whitelist allowing tournaments to control what items can be used by players
- Added "item_whitelist_example.txt"
- Added "item_show_whitelistable_definitions" command to get a list of whitelistable items
- Added Tournament mode Spectator HUD
- Added "Use advanced spectator HUD in tournament mode" option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options dialog
- Shows all the members of your team (or both if you're a spectator) at the top of the screen, along with class/health/respawn time/charge level
- Spectator indices are now shown on the team members, and hitting the corresponding weapon selection key (slot1-slot12 commands) will spectate them
* Changed idle player check to include spectators & players who haven't chosen a team

Bug Fixes
* Fixed explosive radius detection using an axially aligned box instead of a sphere
- Compensated by increasing the radius of grenades, pipes, and rockets to 50% of what they lost at the corners of the OBB
- Grenades/Pipes radius change: 132->159
- Rocket radius change: 121->146
- End result of above: Explosives have had their radius reduced at some angles, and increased at others. Radius is now consistent, angles are now irrelevant
* Fixed Sniper using the reference pose if he has the Huntsman deployed when his team loses
* Fixed Spies speaking their response rules lines after killing a player as the class they were disguised as
* Fixed Medics getting MedicCallerPanels in their HUD for cloaked enemy Spies disguised as their team
* Fixed the Huntsman not firing crit arrows when the Sniper is being CritBoosted
* Fixed being able to fire the Huntsman under water if you jump into the water with the arrow charged
* Added check to prevent clients using the "firstperson" command to get out of thirdperson view while they're phasing, taunting or control stunned
* Fixed Halo glow effect not being hidden for cloak/disguised enemy Spies
* Fixed wearables not destroying their attached particles when they're removed
* Fixed several player & viewmodel simulation issues that occurred when the game was paused
* Fixed a DX8-based exploit that allowed modified particle effects to work under sv_pure 2

Community Requests
* Added the entindex() of the object being built to the "player_builtobject" game event
* Added flag to allow CTF map authors to turn off the Overtime mode when timers expire
* Added IgnitePlayer input to TFPlayer

Jason
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Server Administration