TF2 Dedicated Server Updates

Re: TF2 Dedicated Server Updates

Postby MacK » Mon May 05, 2008 7:47 pm

The required Team Fortress 2 update is now available. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive it. The specific changes are:

- Fixed unlimited UberCharge exploit
- Fixed charge effect getting stuck on the Kritzkrieg when changing class/weapons

Jason
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Postby MacK » Wed May 07, 2008 10:37 pm

The required Team Fortress 2 update is now available. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive it. The specific changes include:

- Fixed clients getting the "Reliable snapshot overflow" error
- Fixed another unlimited UberCharge exploit
- Fixed elevators not working in user maps
- Networking optimizations

Jason
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby *FDB*Tenacious D » Thu May 08, 2008 11:28 am

Thanks for taking care of the TF2 server for us MacK! :Cheers:
*FDB*Tenacious D
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 204

Postby Majik » Thu May 08, 2008 2:42 pm

Well,this month will probably be the last for our server and vent as there is less than $15 in the account now.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby *FDB*Hakko » Thu May 08, 2008 10:43 pm

vent too? does this include the css server also?
lamaramal.wordpress.com
*FDB*Hakko
White Collar
White Collar

Postby BigD » Thu May 08, 2008 10:51 pm

Majik
Based on the "active" number of FDB members, what is the estimated required monthly contribution needed from each member to keep vent & server in operation?
Vent I see as vital, server at this time is questionable imo. The TF2 server that is!
BigD
White Collar
White Collar

Postby MacK » Fri May 09, 2008 9:22 am

Vent should have come with our CSS server - so if all else fails, we can switch over to that one.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Majik » Fri May 09, 2008 9:33 am

What Mack said is correct as far as I know. Vent used to be "free" with server rental,so yes,Pes should have one we can get setup if need be.
While I would love to keep our TF2 server, it almost doesnt make sense since we rarely have enough playing at the same time to merit the expense, yet it isnt easy (or proper) to recruit on other peoples servers......so, we have a quandry.....
I'd love to see us keep growing and add more members.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacK » Fri May 09, 2008 3:09 pm

I agree on all parts, Maj. Perhaps we just need to step up and get the HLstatsx and the other mods to make our server more populer. It adds another 5 bucks a month to our cost, but should boost the popularity of the server. Thoughts??
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby *FDB*Tenacious D » Fri May 09, 2008 3:15 pm

I don't know. TF2 servers seem very hit or miss. Look at the ODB servers. They were really popular for a while. Then all of the sudden no one was playing on them. The only time I've played on our TF2 server in the last 3 or 4 months was that one night when we were all on there getting medic achievements. Since, we hardly ever play on it and since there's usually only 3 or 4 of us playing TF2 at a time, I think it's time to pack in the TF2 server. I still like to use Vent and I think it'd be great to switch over to the Vent server that comes with the CS:S rental. Those are just my opinions, though. I'll chip in a little if others really want to keep our TF2 server running.
*FDB*Tenacious D
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 204

Postby MacK » Fri May 09, 2008 6:53 pm

The required Team Fortress 2 has been released. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive it. The specific changes include:

- Fixed several issues with the Family Practice achievement. Players with 10/10 progress that have not been awarded the achievement will get the achievement the next time they UberCharge any Steam friend
- Fixed toggle-fire option for the Medigun preventing players from earning the Second Opinion achievement
- Fixed The Kritzkrieg not charging faster than the Medigun
- Fixed issue that was preventing players from using their new Medic items on some servers
- Fixed melee weapons not being affected by The Kritzkrieg's critboost
- Fixed Server Browser sometimes refreshing in the background on startup when it wasn't visible

Jason

As for the discussion, I chipped some in today to keep our vent alive. Can we drop TF2 and keep the vent, Maj?
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Majik » Fri May 09, 2008 8:06 pm

Im sure we can rent a vent without a game server,but lets see if Pes has one with the CSS server first, whats everyone think?
Im prety sure we get the next invoice around the 12th and we have a balane of $15 and change in the account.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby *FDB*Hakko » Fri May 09, 2008 10:51 pm

I miss the ODB guys. I see boom on playing off on some server, but no one else pops on..

I typically hang out at SKC, but lately I've followed Autn Jemina and Bunny to UE and now Snigs (which Aj apparently joined meaning UE is probably defunct). I've gotten used to the alltalk on the servers too. I'm still FDB and already turned down an invite to another clan. Happy where I am. As for our server... I like it when I want to get on a certain map and work on rj or pipejumping and sentry placement. BUt I can hop around any server and do that. I enjoyed playing css again that time with hobbit and a few others. I guess it has something still that is lacking from tf2. I'd be fine for dropping the tf2 server and keeping the css server, but recruitment is a problem if most of us play tf2.

Not sure if stats will help. We just aren't cool enough!
lamaramal.wordpress.com
*FDB*Hakko
White Collar
White Collar

Postby pesetas » Sat May 10, 2008 7:14 pm

I believe I got a vent server with my css server but I will have to check into that. Won't be soon either since I'm kind of out of touch for the next few weeks still. I'll let you guys know as soon as I can.
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Postby MacK » Sun May 11, 2008 7:32 pm

pesetas wrote:I believe I got a vent server with my css server but I will have to check into that. Won't be soon either since I'm kind of out of touch for the next few weeks still. I'll let you guys know as soon as I can.

Pes - since I have the login, I can check into it. Would you like me to?
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pesetas » Sun May 11, 2008 9:59 pm

Sure Mack, if you have time...Go for it!
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Postby MacK » Wed May 21, 2008 5:50 pm

A required update for Team Fortress 2 and it's dedicated servers should be available within an hour. I'll send another email once it is available though. Here's the list of changes:

- Fixed mat_queue_mode crash during level transitions
- Fixed rapid weapon switching allowing Medics to prevent deployed UberCharges from draining
- Improved prediction of Spy's speed changes when disguising
- Fixed Stopwatch panel not updating if level designer ends round by hand instead of letting the gamerules end it
- Optimized particle traces on multi-core machines
- Fixed tracers sometimes firing with the wrong team color
- Fixed rapid-fire weaponry critical hit checks getting out of synch between the server and client
- Fixed map exploits in Gold Rush

Jason
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacK » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:43 pm

A required update for Team Fortress 2 has been released. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive it. The specific changes include:

- Changed video options initialization to fix some HUD resolution problems in mods
- Fixed crash issuing the last disguise command when not connected to a server
- Fixed rare crash on exit
- Fixed a couple of issues with gamestats reporting incorrect values
- Fixed an exploit that allowed clients to crash servers

Jason
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacK » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:51 pm

A new required Team Fortress 2 update has been released, now with pryo achievements. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive it. The specific changes include:

- Added 2 community maps: cp_fastlane and ctf_turbine

Pyro
- Added alt-fire compression blast to the basic flamethrower
- Added The Axtinguisher, The Backburner, and The Flare Gun
- Hadouken taunt now kills people it hits
- Tuned the flamethrower hit detection to improve detection versus retreating opponents
- Removed Flamethrower's damage falloff (was falling off to 25% by the
end)

cp_well
- Added a route from the forward central foyer up to the battlements
- Redistributed health and ammunition throughout the bases

ctf_well
- Added a route from the forward central foyer up to the battlements
- Removed central building, reduced overall map length
- Redistributed health and ammunition throughout the bases

Other Notes
- Removed Soldier's 40% damage reduction from his own rockets. Does not affect rocket jumps
- In-game avatar images will now have a badge around them if the player is your friend
- Fixed bug that allowed players to move around in a reference pose
- Added custom death icons for unlockable weapons
- The player join team message now specifies whether the player used the auto team option
- Payload maps now support four control points per stage
- Achievement dialog will stay open when you're moving in & out of the game and the main menu
- Added full Russian localization, with both fonts & speech
- Returned the "Report a Bug" option to the main menu

Jason

MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacK » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:38 am

A new required update for Team Fortress 2 has been released. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive it. The specific changes include:

- Fixed "Hot on your Heels" counting non-flamethrower based kills
- Fixed some Pyro achievements not working on some servers
- Fixed Compression Blast and Flare Gun trail particles on DX8
- Fixed Spy cloaked as Scout in response rules for all classes

Jason
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Server Administration