Search engine optimization

Search engine optimization

Postby Your Hero Jed » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:52 pm

My bro-in-law just started his own business, and is trying to get his site on the first page of google with certain keywords. Any pointers?
Fresh out of batteries, but we're still making noise.Image
Your Hero Jed
Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Re: Search engine optimization

Postby MacK » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:21 pm

Hmmm... I don't know, but I know someone who does. I will ask my bro-in-law.
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Postby m3n7al.pir@cy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:24 pm

It all depends on how much time he's got and how dedicated he is. If he's going to do it himself each keyword has to be relevant and be very deep; meaning in a few handfuls of pages and different aspects of each page (header, footer, body, meta keywords, and description). it also has to be a keyword that has a lot of monthly searches but not a lot of competition for it. The SEO also needs to be a certain length, and format.

There is a lot more that too...it's very intricate and tedious especially when trying to get ranked with Google.

So if that sounds overwhelming then i would recommend 2 companies that i have been very pleased with. Both are Google Certified.

Sebo Marketing, http://www.sebomarketing.com/(~$500 a month for SEO copy writing, optional $200-$300 a month for a paid search campaign).

and

Boostability, http://www.boostability.com/ ($50-$100 for link building. which is another key aspect of getting ranked. the $100 plan is "faster")

Now if hes got enough starting capital, and an SEO friendly Cart Platform with a conversion optimized template, (I use Magento), He'll be on the fast track to getting on page 1.

If he doesn't have the money they are flexible on the $500 for SEO. Just depends on how fast he wants to get ranked.

One word of first hand experience: If his site/template isn't optimized for maximizing conversions then he his wasting time and money, and that should be his first focus.

Any questions let me know.

-Doug
m3n7al.pir@cy
Cog
Cog

Human Verification: 263

Postby MacK » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:27 pm

Thanks Doug - I figured you know know better than anyone. Oh, and by the way, welcome to the forums. See you next month when we come out to visit - See ya bro.
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Postby Your Hero Jed » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:16 pm

Thanks so much for the info. I'll pass it on, and hopefully it'll all go well. Thanks again. It's much appreciated.
Your Hero Jed
Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Postby Majik » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:15 am

Jed, Check out this site,It has several paid sections but I promise you can find what you need here.
www.warriorforum.com

What kind of site is he running? Give more info!

Maj
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Your Hero Jed » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:19 pm

He's started a tech support business. Trying to get the site viewable for anyone seeking help. Thanks for the links and help. Should have some time to look through everything this weekend... Maybe.
Your Hero Jed
Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Postby Majik » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:06 pm

Tech support is a very competitive area. If it was me I would try to localize it With the city name.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soniasharma » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:08 am

You will get the high rank on google with the help of SEO (search engine optimization).
soniasharma
Cog
Cog

Human Verification: 263

Return to Web & Graphics Development