Site Upgrades Planned

Site Upgrades Planned

Postby MacK » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:40 pm

Due to the increasing number of fake/bot registrations this week, I will be making some fundamental changes to the site and registration process to combat these problems, in addition to recruiting two new folks to give admin rights to. Please keep your eyes peeled if you see any new bugs show up in the forums over the next week.
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Re: Site Upgrades Planned

Postby Majik » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:33 pm

I would say everyone chip in some bucks and we buy a VBulletin liscense, but I here it has the same problem....Don't think there is any way around it!
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Site Upgrades Planned

Postby MacK » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:07 pm

Yes, it does have the same issues. Personally, I think phpbb 3 is just as good as vbulliten and free, and we won't lose all of the progress we have made on getting this community up because I am not sure we can convert over easily. I instituted some new changes that will keep non-human bots from registering. Let's see how that goes over the next couple weeks. I have some other tricks in my pocket to institute that will also reduce them, but they are a bit more drastic. All in all, I think we are winning the battle.
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Return to Support & Suggestions