Mozilla(firefox) and IE

Mozilla(firefox) and IE

Postby *FDB*Hakko » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:30 pm

I noticed when viewing a thread i can not click a persons name to see their profile.. Works fine in IE though. Can anything be done. or should I use IE? No biggie really.
lamaramal.wordpress.com
*FDB*Hakko
White Collar
White Collar

Re: Mozilla(firefox) and IE

Postby MacK » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:34 pm

*FDB*Hakko wrote:I noticed when viewing a thread i can not click a persons name to see their profile.. Works fine in IE though. Can anything be done. or should I use IE? No biggie really.

Hmmm... does the same problem happen in a different forum theme? Go to your Control Panel, select a new theme, and try again. If you feel really ambitious, let me know which ones work and which don't. That will help me fix the problem.
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Postby StrongMAD » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:16 pm

Works fine for me (Firefox 2.0.0.6). Are you running any plugins (popup blockers etc)?
*FDB*Loki - Couldn't hit a planet at close range...
StrongMAD
White Collar
White Collar

Postby Majik » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:26 pm

I dont know, Im old school, IE has always been fine for me. Ive tried other browsers but I always end up coming back to IE
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacK » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:32 pm

Majik wrote:I dont know, Im old school, IE has always been fine for me. Ive tried other browsers but I always end up coming back to IE

Likewise - I have found that more web pages that I frequent have issues with firefox than IE. My other firefox annoyance is that it seems to load slower than IE. The crazy thing is though, I find I use both browsers on a regular basis.
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby StrongMAD » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:59 pm

The ad block, popup block and general all-round configuarability are what pull me to Mozilla. For me, at least, it loads pages faster than IE, I've always loved having tabs (I know IE has them now, but still) and it's just so damned versatile. With adblock plus and noscript I never get any ads. I've not seen a popup in a year and a half now.

Also it's not made by evil Microsoft ;-)
*FDB*Loki - Couldn't hit a planet at close range...
StrongMAD
White Collar
White Collar

Postby MacK » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:39 am

I admit, I wish IE was more versitle - that part I love about Firefox, but to tell the truth, I switch between the two at work so often, I find few big functional differences between the two with the exception that Firefox has trouble with more pages that I frequent than IE. The both have popup blocking, now both have tabs, and in theory, both have the ability to put on addons, but the nice thing on firefox is they are free, whereas most on IE are pay for, which irritates me. Oh well - I hate the browser wars that come out of this. The micro$oft argument always comes up, but to tell the truth, I have never paid for my M$ software - I always get it free through school or work, so I can't complain there either.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Support & Suggestions