New Hoster Issues - Post Here

New Hoster Issues - Post Here

Postby MacK » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:21 pm

TGO just moved to a new hoster. Please post here if you notice any new issues with the forums.

Thanks,
MacK
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Re: New Hoster Issues - Post Here

Postby Majik » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:42 pm

So far so good Mack.
At first go around I had lost the logo, and it lookded like I lost PMS, but now it all looks great so far!
Thanks again for all the work you do to keep us running smooth.
Maj
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Hoster Issues - Post Here

Postby MacK » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:55 pm

Majik wrote:So far so good Mack.
At first go around I had lost the logo, and it lookded like I lost PMS, but now it all looks great so far!
Thanks again for all the work you do to keep us running smooth.
Maj

Actually, what happened was this: The old hoster used a *nix based OS, which distinguishes file names and folders by capitalization. The new hoster probably uses Windows based operating systems, which does not consider upper and lower case file/folder names as distinct. This became a problem when I copied the old site over because I had two styles, problack and proBlack, which were seperate styles at the old hoster, but when copied over, it merged the two of them. Once I cleaned up that mess and copied the correct style over with just one instance, problack, then it sorted the problem out. Other than that, the migration seems to have gone well.
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Return to Support & Suggestions