New verion of phpBB installed

New verion of phpBB installed

Postby MacK » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:07 pm

Hey everyone, I migrated the old site to the newer version of phpBB (v3 RC4). There are a few new features and a new theme. Let me know what you think here...

MacK
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Re: New verion of phpBB installed

Postby StrongMAD » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:01 pm

Looking pretty sexy. However, I really don't like the highlighting of the forum your mouse is hovering over... Also "The Gaming Oasis" is split alongside the top banner, and the words should probably link to the root as well as the banner. Also, Save being on the left at the bottom of messages makes me try to press it before submit - maybe it should be moved off to one side of the message away from "Preview" and "Submit"

Anyway, these are minor issues! Keep up the good work makker!
*FDB*Loki - Couldn't hit a planet at close range...
StrongMAD
White Collar
White Collar

Postby MacK » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:06 pm

StrongMAD wrote:Looking pretty sexy. However, I really don't like the highlighting of the forum your mouse is hovering over... Also "The Gaming Oasis" is split alongside the top banner, and the words should probably link to the root as well as the banner. Also, Save being on the left at the bottom of messages makes me try to press it before submit - maybe it should be moved off to one side of the message away from "Preview" and "Submit"

Anyway, these are minor issues! Keep up the good work makker!

I have been annoyed at the same issues... I will work on them.
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby *FDB*LoKi » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:30 pm

Everything seems nice, just have to get use to the flip-flop of sides. Nicely done tho.
The World is an unexplained sense of malfunction and destruction, but I'm glad to witness it!
*FDB*LoKi
Pink Collar
Pink Collar

Postby Majik » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:30 pm

Looking Good!
Like Strong said, we can work on the tweaking, but nice job!
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacK » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:44 pm

OK - Buttons reversed - On to next tweak.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacK » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:14 pm

OK - Title issue is fixed. Not sure if we want that graphic on there, or if we should put on something else. Open for input here.

Also, what color should the mouseover for links be if you don't like that one. Again, looking for input.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby StrongMAD » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:15 am

We need some talented Jed to come along and make a nice "Gaming Oasis" logo... ;-) I like the mouseover link colours, it's just the highlighting of the whole forum row thing whenever I mouseover it (not just the text link, but the whole row looks like a javascript button that isn't pressable).
*FDB*Loki - Couldn't hit a planet at close range...
StrongMAD
White Collar
White Collar

Postby MacK » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:04 am

StrongMAD wrote:I like the mouseover link colours, it's just the highlighting of the whole forum row thing whenever I mouseover it (not just the text link, but the whole row looks like a javascript button that isn't pressable).

Gotcha - that is also something that kinda bugged me and kinda didn't. What is the vote from the rest of the crew? Get rid of it or keep it?
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Majik » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:36 am

I'm dense, Im not follwing you.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacK » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:54 am

Best way to see this is to go to the front page of the forums and move your mouse over the different forums. You will see that the background color lights up, usually indicating that it is a link, but you can't just click on it, but instead have to click on the text.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Majik » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:38 pm

weird, its not doing that for me.
What it IS doing, sporadically,is going from me seeing the default brackground, which is black and orangish to me, to when I click on a thread or link to post, the next screen is stark white with blue text.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacK » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:53 pm

Majik wrote:weird, its not doing that for me.
What it IS doing, sporadically,is going from me seeing the default brackground, which is black and orangish to me, to when I click on a thread or link to post, the next screen is stark white with blue text.

Hmmm... what browser you using? I have not seen this problem.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Majik » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:52 pm

On this machine, IE6, I'll try it on my other machine that has IE7 on it in a few.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Majik » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:58 pm

MacK wrote:
StrongMAD wrote:I like the mouseover link colours, it's just the highlighting of the whole forum row thing whenever I mouseover it (not just the text link, but the whole row looks like a javascript button that isn't pressable).

Gotcha - that is also something that kinda bugged me and kinda didn't. What is the vote from the rest of the crew? Get rid of it or keep it?

Ok, I finally see what you mean...doesnt matter to me one way or another.....
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby *FDB*Tenacious D » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:44 pm

It's doing this for me too in IE6 until I refresh the page. Once I refresh it comes up with the normal black and orange scheme. Thanks for all the hard work, MacK!
*FDB*Tenacious D
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 204

Postby MacK » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:20 pm

*FDB*Tenacious D wrote:

It's doing this for me too in IE6 until I refresh the page. Once I refresh it comes up with the normal black and orange scheme. Thanks for all the hard work, MacK!

OK - this is very strange. The problem appears on thegamingoasis on IE6, but does not on ClanBash. The installs are from the same root... not sure what is up yet. Goona have to dig a little more.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacK » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:32 pm

OK, Maj, there seems to be some mysql or PHP issues with the site. I have made several changes via the phpBB admin menu and those changes are not saved until I submit them several times. I did not have any of these problems on ClanBash, so I am fairly certain the problem is on the hoster side. I also believe that there may be changes being made by users (profile changes, etc.) that are also not being saved. I haven't a clue other than maybe version issues with php/mysql.

Anyhow, I will keep looking into it, but I don't know what is up really. I am also wondering if the issues you are running into with IE6 are related to this problem.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacK » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:49 pm

OK - All IE6 users who are experiencing the white screen issues, please go to clanbash (http://www.clanbash.com) and let me know if you are experiencing the same issues there. If not, I feel fairly strongly that the problem is something on the hoster side. That will help narrow these issues more quickly.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Majik » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:50 pm

Well, this is a RC and not a stable version too, right?
I do NOT have the problem at clanbash site that I know of, but it is a very intermittent problem.
If itr is a host problem let me know and I will put in a support ticket.
They are very good at responding quickly and efficiently.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Support & Suggestions