Does anyone have verizon dsl?

Does anyone have verizon dsl?

Postby Majik » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:39 pm

Does anyone have verizon dsl? We are tired of comcrap and have decided to give version dsl and direct tv a try. I'm leery because the dsl is only 1=1.5 mgs while with comcast IM used to a lot more, but then I also know I will have a dedicated line to myself.
And Direct TV, is it any good?
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Does anyone have verizon dsl?

Postby Your Hero Jed » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:02 am

We did did direct tv for a while. I didn't like the experience at all. I'm not a huge fan of contracts to begin with, but when i found out that my tv went out every time there was a cloud in the sky i hated it even more. With verizon they have their own tv setup you could look into bundling the services and possibly save some money. DSL with att wasn't too bad when we had all the direct tv and att bundle, and i thhink it was the same down/up speeds. If you can get Bright House though they rock! I'm getting 25mb down and 7 up i think. It's crazy fast.
Fresh out of batteries, but we're still making noise.Image
Your Hero Jed
Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Postby Majik » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:59 pm

Well, for at least 6 months, and I think even longer, we have lost our cable for at least a total of one week out of every month.
Comcrap says they will give us some bucks off the bill, but they never do, then they claim they never said it. I'm so tired of dealing with them. I would love to rty FIOS, but its not available inmmy area. Actually, it seems nothing lese is but dish tv and direct tv. d*****t.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Majik » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:56 am

Damn, almost 20 views and only one response.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pesetas » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:24 am

As much as I detest comcrap they are still better than the alternatives I have available here. Anything satellite sucks here because the tv goes out with even the little puffy clouds and unless you have no trees you're having to deal with that as well. ATT dsl is good but not great. Good luck on your quest!
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Postby MacK » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:08 pm

Sorry Maj - Just not a lot to contribute here. I had a lot of problems with comcast at our last apartment. Since we moved, most of those issues have ended. It can be real painful to live through for sure. Comcrap had consistently the best speeds, and since our house is full of wired geeks, speed is everything nowa days.
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Postby Majik » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:56 pm

What scares me the most is that they require a 2 year contract. I say no, but my wife is all for it cause she is justa s tired of the lousy comcrap service as I am.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby {OF}MillerTime » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:24 am

I have ATT dsl and had CharterCable. At the time I switched both were 6mb d/l.

I was and I am happy with both. I switched because my contract with cable ran out and they were gonna jump my rates. I said 'you'll give someone new a 1/2 off deal and stick to loyal customers, put me inna pkg with a new deal or I'll switch to dsl" they said they couldn't so on the spot I said drop it. I switched to dsl. Next day charter calls and asks why I dropped, I told them and they said that person was wrong and they could help me out. I said 'too late'.

I dont see any diff 'tween the two. the one diff though, is the dsl is no contract and the price is not introductory, it's always the same (plus it's lower than cable, even their promotional price).
{OF}MillerTime
Lackey
Lackey

Postby Majik » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:50 pm

OK, you all confirmed what I suspected, that satellite isnt as relaible as cable. I was able to negotiate a new deal with comcrap so we are staying with them, at least for the time being. My wife is wanting to move to North or South Carolina in the near fture, so I told her I would consider it. Don't know if Im ready to move that far away from my kids and grandkids.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pesetas » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:52 pm

Mount Pleasant, just across the river from Charleston. This is the place to be! Of course, I've been gunning for a job up in Charlotte so soon that might be the place to be...
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Postby Majik » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:35 pm

Yeah Pes, if we did move that way you'd be buying me a lot of tequila sjhots! :BanBoy:
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Hardware & Software