Dowmload a backup of a website?

Dowmload a backup of a website?

Postby Majik » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:17 pm

Does anyone know any good programs that can download website content for viewing later? I nessed up and have somehow locked myself out of my site. ( I was trying to amke it more secure,duh!) ANyway, it's looking like I'm going to ahve to do a reinstall of wordpress and I don't want to lose everything Ive done so far. If I have to, I guess I can cut and paste and save it that way, but I'm hoping somone might know of a program that might be able to do it for me?
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dowmload a backup of a website?

Postby *FDB*LoKi » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:24 pm

download accelerator was one useful program that shows what u want which is also html files with link. Hope that might help
The World is an unexplained sense of malfunction and destruction, but I'm glad to witness it!
*FDB*LoKi
Pink Collar
Pink Collar

Postby Majik » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:29 pm

I thought that was for downloading program files and such, not websites? besides, wordpress is php files, not html,but thanks!
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacK » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:50 am

That might be tough... Maj, since Wordpress runs on a MySQL database, you might be able to login to the database and do a backup, which you can then restore in a new location. Would you like to chat offline to see how to do this?
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Postby Majik » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:06 am

Thanks Mack, but luckily the problem is resolved. Apparently while adding a plug in I somehow changed permissions on the wrong file,which was stopping me from logging in, It's fixed now! <whew> thank goodness! :BanBoy:
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Your Hero Jed » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:28 am

I use expression web.I used it to copy our webpage off the net make changes and publish.
Fresh out of batteries, but we're still making noise.Image
Your Hero Jed
Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Postby Majik » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:40 am

I actually used to have a couple of programs that did this a few years ago. Don't know if Ive stored them or deleted them, but they were pretty good, they would tkae a whole website off including links to other pages and everything. I keep thinking one of them's name was spider something....that what happens when you get old!
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Hardware & Software