soniasharma, please introduce yourself.

New? Introduce yourself here.

soniasharma, please introduce yourself.

Postby MacK » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:00 am

Hi Sonia Sharma - Since you are new here, please introduce yourself. You have been posting in 3 year old threads and I would like to find out more about you. I will assume if you don't respond to this thread, you are actually a bot and I will remove your profile and all posts. Your posting behavior is more than abnormal for a regular user.

Thanks for understanding - we want to keep this forum, although we use it infrequently, spam and bot free.

MacK
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Re: soniasharma, please introduce yourself.

Postby MacK » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:52 pm

Warning number 2 - soniasharma, if you don't reply here, I am disabling your account.
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby *FDB*Hakko » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:21 pm

doesn't strike me as a bot...At least it is some activity.
lamaramal.wordpress.com
*FDB*Hakko
White Collar
White Collar

Postby Pixie » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:22 am

It's good to see a few of us still check this every few days, even if we aren't posting.
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
-Jack Handey
Pixie
White Collar
White Collar

Postby Your Hero Jed » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:41 pm

I refuse to participate in this participation.
Fresh out of batteries, but we're still making noise.Image
Your Hero Jed
Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Postby MacK » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:36 pm

So what say the rest of you? Bot or not? Lol
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby *FDB*Hakko » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:53 am

i say not and I think he or she may have moved on already.
lamaramal.wordpress.com
*FDB*Hakko
White Collar
White Collar

Postby StrongMAD » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:50 am

Seemed like a pretty obvious bot to me - responded to a whole bunch of messages at the same time, with bland, non-specific statements possibly parsing a couple of words for context. So three choices really: Bot, astroturfer or really boring person.
*FDB*Loki - Couldn't hit a planet at close range...
StrongMAD
White Collar
White Collar

Postby *FDB*Tenacious D » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:22 pm

LOL. What's an astroturfer? I haven't heard of that one before. Is that British slang? :ROFL:

*Edit* Interesting, Strong. I looked it up. I guess you really can learn something new everyday. Sorry for assuming it was some weird Brit term. Here's some info from wikipedia:

"Astroturfing is a form of advocacy in support of a political, organizational, or corporate agenda, designed to give the appearance of a "grassroots" movement. The goal of such campaigns is to disguise the efforts of a political and/or commercial entity as an independent public reaction to some political entity—a politician, political group, product, service or event. The term is a derivation of AstroTurf, a brand of synthetic carpeting designed to look like natural grass.

Astroturfers attempt to manipulate public opinion by both overt ("outreach", "awareness", etc.) and covert (disinformation) means. Astroturfing may be undertaken by an individual promoting a personal agenda, or highly organized professional groups with money from large corporations, unions, non-profits, or activist organizations. Very often, the efforts are conducted by political consultants who also specialize in opposition research. Beneficiaries are not "grass root" campaigners but distant organizations that orchestrate such campaigns."
*FDB*Tenacious D
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 204

Postby StrongMAD » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:32 pm

Yeah, should probably have explained that one Ten. The good thing is that once you know about the phenomenon you see it everywhere - there are millions of examples from Wal-Mart to the Chinese government using them, and of course all things in between. I figured it was probably either just an auto-reply based on content (ie responding to key words) or getting enough presence on forums so that once it goes into "You know, I really love Pepsi" mode you wouldn't suspect it so much.
StrongMAD
White Collar
White Collar

Postby *FDB*Tenacious D » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:03 pm

You know, I really love Pepsi! :)
*FDB*Tenacious D
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 204

Postby StrongMAD » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:46 am

I always suspected, Ten, from the forums. The way you played CSS was good at making me think you weren't a bot, though - no machine would take so long to learn...
StrongMAD
White Collar
White Collar

Postby soniasharma » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:28 am

Hello guys my self soniasharma from india, i am web designer and love to make new design and i have joined this forum to learn about some new things.
soniasharma
Cog
Cog

Human Verification: 263

Postby MacK » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:11 pm

Thanks for introducing yourself. Where in India are you from? Do you live there now?
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby StrongMAD » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:33 am

Another vague, content-free post. I guess it could be Loki...

Why TGO? What about a forum involving video games drew you here? Do you have a favorite such as TF2 or CSS, as these are the ones we mainly (used to) play? How about Call of Duty? What new things do you want to learn about?
StrongMAD
White Collar
White Collar

Return to Introductions