Digital Voice Recorder

Buying, selling, trading and great deals are all found here.

Digital Voice Recorder

Postby Pixie » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:43 pm

I am looking at buying a digital voice recorder for school. This way I can record my class lectures, upload them onto my computer (and hopefully my ipod as well), and listen to them again. I have done a little research, but I thought I would turn to my techie friends for advice.
Any suggestions, commentary, experiences, etc. would be helpful. Where to buy, what not to buy, price range, things to look for/avoid, etc?
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
-Jack Handey
Pixie
White Collar
White Collar

Re: Digital Voice Recorder

Postby MacK » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:47 pm

I think I saw one of these on sale at Goodwill the other day on the cheap... Want me to pick it up for you?

Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Postby *FDB*Hakko » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:50 pm

I have an old friend that still has one of those and a collection of Reel 2 Reel albums.
lamaramal.wordpress.com
*FDB*Hakko
White Collar
White Collar

Postby Majik » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:15 am

MacK wrote:I think I saw one of these on sale at Goodwill the other day on the cheap... Want me to pick it up for you?

What I like about this kind is the portability! The downside is that it really goes thru those AAA batteries quick!
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Majik » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:18 am

Pixie, the real answer is, I looked into these a few years back and I found the ones that you can find for about 30 bucks are almost as good as the ones costing twice as much. It's really decide what features you need, like voicwe activation,usb connectivity, etc etc, and just take the plunge. Usually the higher the cst the more recording time it gives you.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TyraeL » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:18 am

i found a few on newegg in a wide price range..price seems to be effected by the features of the device and mainly the size of the flash drive in side..or the recording time.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=voice+recorder+digital&x=0&y=0
TyraeL
Pink Collar
Pink Collar

Human Verification: 204

Postby Majik » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:28 pm

I jusrt looked at the page Tyreal posted,and I must say those ARE pricey.
Go to your local Costco, BJs,Sams Club Staples,Office Max, etc etc, and see what they have . A few years ago I got one cheap, but I don't remember how cheap, but I know I saw one at Costco or BJs recently for something like 30 bucks.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby *FDB*Hakko » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:32 pm

I still have one in my garage somewhere that uses those tiny little tapes.
lamaramal.wordpress.com
*FDB*Hakko
White Collar
White Collar

Postby Pixie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:36 pm

Thanks all y'all. I have seen a few at Walmart, but I haven't checked many other stores yet. I have looked several places online as well. I have decided to get one for sure, before Wednesday so I can use it for class. I'll let y'all know what I ended up with. THANKS!
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
-Jack Handey
Pixie
White Collar
White Collar

Postby Knightrider » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:11 pm

Make sure you get a small one as professors have a tendency to trip out when they see them on your desk. Or you can use your sex as an advantage and bring one of those huge a** purses and set it in there. Us guys cant do that unless we have a man bag and those aren't cool at all.
Too Close for Missiles, switching to guns
Negative Ghostrider, the patterns full

[url=http://ragealliance.eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=323683]
Image[/url]
Knightrider
Pink Collar
Pink Collar

Postby Pixie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:04 pm

Lol, thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind.

I bought a Sony 7200. I bought it because it was the highest quality for the simplest, with 1GB mem. It ended up having a bunch of features I wouldn't have paid extra for, but already are nice to have - multiple folders, etc. We'll see if it's good enough for class starting Wednesday. Keep your fingers crossed for me y'all?
-Jack Handey
Pixie
White Collar
White Collar

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade & Deals