Want your opinion on something.

Share your viewpoint - politics and policy: the good, the bad, and the politicians.
Forum rules
The rules are simple: you may not agree, but you can agree to disagree. Vehement altercations will not be tolerated. If you don't know what that means, pull out the old Webster. If you are still struggling, this forum isn't for you.

Want your opinion on something.

Postby *FDB*Hakko » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:13 pm

So on facebook I keep getting a friends request from someone I knew from my Senior year in high school. We had a good friendship, although he was a bit of a bad influence on me with his crazy ideas. He cheated on his girlfriend after highschool who was/is a friend of mine. He eventually ran off to Florida with another woman which really hurt my friend. Anyway. After I was up and walking again after my accident I went and saw him in Florida and cruised around and afterwards we stuck to emails. I had forwarded some crap to him and he basically started to cuss me out over it and I haven't spoken to him since.. And here he is on facebook with a friends request. It looks like he's no longer the pot smoking loser i knew. Has a family and kids, long hair is gone, and apparently has gotten his MBA (which is a step above what I got). My wife says just keep ignoring him, but I am starting to wonder if I should give it another chance. The girl he cheated on and left is still my friend and on facebook as one of my friends...I have noticed that she has not accepted his requests if he has tried. I was thinking on not doing it till i saw her accept him. (she's married with a son and enjoying life by the way).
lamaramal.wordpress.com
*FDB*Hakko
White Collar
White Collar

Re: Want your opinion on something.

Postby Pixie » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:10 pm

I know I am only 24, and have a long ways to go in life. But, my personal opinion is that we all make mistakes. It sounds like he maybe turned his life around. I know if I were judged for the things I did in high school, a lot of people wouldn't accept my friend requests. But stuff happens and sometimes that's what makes us even better people, learning from our mistakes, than if we'd never experienced them in the first place.
It's your call, but that's my opinion.
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
-Jack Handey
Pixie
White Collar
White Collar

Postby Majik » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:30 pm

Hakko, I think if you have to think this hard about it, ya probably already know in your heart what you want to do.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Knightrider » Sun May 02, 2010 2:33 pm

what Maj said.
Too Close for Missiles, switching to guns
Negative Ghostrider, the patterns full

[url=http://ragealliance.eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=323683]
Image[/url]
Knightrider
Pink Collar
Pink Collar

Postby *FDB*Hakko » Sun May 02, 2010 8:40 pm

I still remain undecided.
lamaramal.wordpress.com
*FDB*Hakko
White Collar
White Collar

Postby *FDB*Tenacious D » Mon May 03, 2010 8:53 am

Yeah, I don't know either Hakko. That's a tough one. I'm not into Facebook. If you accept his friend request, is there a way to block him if he starts acting like an asshat? I'm by no means telling you what to do, but I think I'd be inclined to give him a chance. If he goes back to his old destructive ways, then I'd write him off for good. That way I wouldn't wonder "what if?". LOL. :D
*FDB*Tenacious D
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 204

Return to Ardor of Opinion