Ron Paul

Share your viewpoint - politics and policy: the good, the bad, and the politicians.
Forum rules
The rules are simple: you may not agree, but you can agree to disagree. Vehement altercations will not be tolerated. If you don't know what that means, pull out the old Webster. If you are still struggling, this forum isn't for you.

Ron Paul

Postby spOOky » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:16 am

Are political discussions encouraged here?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/017238.html

If not I will gladly refrain.

As this is a fledgling board and I am not versed in the TOS policies or what the admins want the board to someday be, please forgive me if you do not desire political discourse here.

That being said I am trying to spread the Ron Paul message far and wide.
spOOky
Lackey
Lackey

Re: Ron Paul

Postby *FDB*LoKi » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:57 am

I'm not a political person in all reality or in misconceptions. To me, politics is a version of an upset penal discrimination of groups that try to advance in profit and popularity that was missed in childhood. The deliberation of their consciousness to or fro on actual problems or helping of the people are an exact difference of their objections with silver linens. With this proposed, an actual reflection of my thoughts has nothing to do with the in justifications of the responsibilities or actions of the people who follow the political judgments and retro-factions that are presented and basically solved or recreated behind closed doors.

LOL, basically, I think the government is in corruption and I just try to worry about me, family and friends.
Thank you, and goodnight,
:outhouse:
The World is an unexplained sense of malfunction and destruction, but I'm glad to witness it!
*FDB*LoKi
Pink Collar
Pink Collar

Postby MacK » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:03 pm

LOL - Spooky, politics is always allowed! As for agreement, that is another matter. Right now I haven't decided on any candidate. Not sure which ones I trust. I feel burned by many past politicians and on both sides of the aisle. Image
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Postby Majik » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:25 pm

I certainly have no objections to a political forum.
Unlike some previous situations, I think we can discuss without making it personal.
I know some of my clan mates have different views on some subjects, but that doesnt in my eyes make them any less of a good person,or more important,any less of a friend! What a boring world it would be if we all had the same thoughts and agreements!
MAck, would you like to set it up please?
And Spooky, I dont know if you saw or not, but we have also offered to host your unexplained post too.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacK » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:25 pm

Forum created. :)
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Majik » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:37 am

Thanks Mack!

While I do not agree with 100% of what Ron Paul says, He is still the best man for the job at this time in my mind.
Right now he is talking a very good talk about a lot of isssues.
He said something in a clip the other day that got me to thinking though. In an interview someone said he was known as the anti candidate.He said turn that around and I could be the pro candidate because every anti has an opposite position.
Which brings to m y mind that I have not seen his stance on some very important issues.
What would he do about the economy? What would he do about the obscene profits some companies are making at the expense of the American people that until about 25 years ago the supreme court considred usury.
What about the mortgage industries and America's forclosure disaster?
What is his stance on crime in America and our currently rediculous justice system?
What's his stance on illegal immigration?
What about the cost of healthcare,not just for children, but for everyone?
What about social security? I am for changing it,but for someone like myself who has been forced to pay into it all my life it cant just be taken away.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Intruder » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:29 pm

Welcome Spooky.
Intruder

Postby pesetas » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:18 pm

Well after much personal debate I lean toward Ron Paul.

On a side note...having an OB/GYN in the OVAL office is quite appropriate...right Bill? :icon49:
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Postby pesetas » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:30 pm

I just took an AOL straw poll and interestingly Ron Paul is leading with 29%. McCain is next with 27%.
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

pesetas
Master
Master

Postby Majik » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:09 pm

I honestly think the media is doing the best it can to ignore Ron Paul.
Do they honestly think that if they close their eyes to it,it will disappear?
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacK » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:11 pm

Interesting - I am more of a Romney guy myself. I have learned that I can sit on both sides of the aisle. If Romney isn't on one side, I think I am an Obama guy on the other. Hillary just irritates me - I personally find her arrogant and a poor leader. I think she would prove to me more of a dictator than a leader. Romney seems to have the Economic savvy that can deal with the issues that the little guys, like me, face every day. As for the war, I think we need out, but not a drop it and out. McCain is waaaay too militaristic for my taste - we need less of the shoot and then ask questions, and more of the evaluate, consult and then act. Seems like Romney has those characteristics.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pesetas » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:23 pm

IMO Majik, the media can't find anything wrong with Mr. Paul so they've nothing to do with him. The more I read about him, the better I like him.

Mack, I fancy myself a Rep but not far right. More middle of the road and I can sway on some of the issues. After what I've seen from Billary/Hillbilly or whatever some choose to call her...I'd sooner deport myself from the US than to have THEM back in office...

Although I think our country has progressed, I'm not sure that most people are ready for a black president or a female for that matter. Sadly. I do strongly believe that Hilary scares the hell out of most people....
- Sun Tzu

pesetas
Master
Master

Return to Ardor of Opinion