Ron Paul Rally for the Republic

Share your viewpoint - politics and policy: the good, the bad, and the politicians.
Forum rules
The rules are simple: you may not agree, but you can agree to disagree. Vehement altercations will not be tolerated. If you don't know what that means, pull out the old Webster. If you are still struggling, this forum isn't for you.

Ron Paul Rally for the Republic

Postby spOOky » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:24 pm

If you guys are anywhere near this and are Ron Paul supporters check it. I strongly urge you to attend. This event will run alongside the Republican National Convention.

Mission Statement | Rally For The Republic

“The Campaign for Liberty events planned for August 31 - September 2 will be a celebration of our movement and our supporters, a launch party for the Campaign for Liberty, and a clear call to the Republican Party to return to its roots of limited government, personal responsibility, and protection of our natural rights. The event will run in conjunction with the first two days of the Republican National Convention and will feature top conservative speakers, musicians, and organizations. It will also have an organizational and training function for the Campaign for Liberty and the Freedom Movement.”

The breakdown:

“The Campaign for Liberty events planned for August 31 - September 2 will be a celebration of our movement and our supporters…”

We have come a long way since Dr. Paul announced he was forming an exploratory committee to run for the presidency. These events will be a celebration of the liberty message – a salute to the principles that made this nation great and that can lead us boldly into the future. It will be a time to meet, encourage one another, enjoy the performers, and commemorate all that has been achieved. At 1:00pm on Monday, Sept. 1st, Dr. Paul will be holding a book signing for The Revolution: A Manifesto. The Ron Paul Nation Celebration will take place that night. This will be a special concert featuring some of Dr. Paul’s most supportive musicians that we are hosting as a special thank you to all of you who have worked so hard. On Tuesday, speakers, musicians, and organizations will come together at the Target Center to deliver the biggest event the freedom movement has ever seen. We are calling it the Rally for the Republic.

“… a launch party for the Campaign for Liberty…”

During Tuesday night’s event, we will officially kick off the Campaign for Liberty with a multimedia presentation introducing you to the organization and presenting our long term goals. Next week, we will be releasing a new website specifically for the Minnesota events. It will provide logistical support, information on performers, and will give you a working schedule and also promotional items to download and hand out.

“… and a clear call to the Republican Party to return to its roots of limited government, personal responsibility, and protection of our natural rights.”

Our speakers will clearly articulate the need to reduce the size of government, maximize freedom, and return to the Constitution. We will call upon the Republican Party to come home to its historic values and show them the path back to electoral success.

“The event will run in conjunction with the first two days of the Republican National Convention and will feature top conservative speakers, musicians, and organizations.”

We are actively pursuing top notch speakers, musicians, and sponsors. We are very excited about future developments in this area and will be making more announcements in the coming weeks.

“It will also have an organizational and training function for the Campaign for Liberty and the Freedom Movement.”

Not only will we lay out Ron Paul’s vision for the Campaign for Liberty during Tuesday’s Rally for the Republic, but we will conduct expert training on how to organize and win your precinct, district, and state. Our objective is to fully prepare and equip you on how to take back our government.

Further updates and developments will be released soon.

Exciting days lie ahead for our movement and our message. There is still hope for America, and it is time for us to take personal responsibility and send a clear message that our movement is strong, united, and here to stay. The principles our country were founded upon can once again be restored. Please join us in Minnesota on August 31 - September 2 as we take an important step toward restoring the Republic!

For more info on the event go here:
http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/

I am so bummed I am out here in Los Angeles and don't see how I could find the time or money to attend. If it was a couple states away I could do it but as it is.......it doesn't look good. I am still trying to figure out a way to go. But it doesn't look good.

Are any of you guys nearby?
spOOky
Lackey
Lackey

Re: Ron Paul Rally for the Republic

Postby Majik » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:26 pm

I wish I could go, I still support his deals.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pesetas » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:18 am

Ditto!
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Postby Your Hero Jed » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:03 pm

That's why he's not a candidate. He is good for the people.
Fresh out of batteries, but we're still making noise.Image
Your Hero Jed
Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Postby MacK » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:21 am

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/02/ ... index.html

The rally continues... Personally, I am not a huge fan of Ron, but to each his/her own. His support of getting rid of the Federal Reserve System seems irrational. Yes, the FRS certainly has its issues, but without it we would likely be in serious financial crisis here in the US, led primarily by bank failures. Of course, other parts of his policies I do like.
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Postby Majik » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:55 am

I think what he wasnt to do is go back to where our currency is backed by something substantial. I think he is against just printing money when there are no resources to back it up. IMO our economy was much more stable when we were still on the gold standard.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacK » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:19 pm

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... tml?cat=75
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_ ... f_Ron_Paul

My sources for Ron's ideas. Overall, I like some of his end goals. Ron is driven by the idea that we (Americans) have got to learn to live within our means, which I 100% agree with. He also believes that our national debt is driving personal debt and may ultimately be our demise, which I also agree with. As for his opinion of reverting to the gold standard, I can't agree or disagree.

As for the stability of the Economy since the switch from the gold standard? None of us lived through the depression, but from what we know, the gold standard certainly didn't save them during that time... FDIC would have helped and the new FRS system changes would have helped as well, but overall it was very very bad - much worse than ever before and anything we have seen since. What is dragging our economy down today isn't the lack of a real commodity like gold as backing for currency, but instead the lack of fiscal control from government and citizens. The simple statistic that the average savings rate for US citizens is now a negative number, which hasn't been the case since the depression, tells you that we are a country driven by greed and lack of personal financial control.

Overall, I like many of Ron's ideas, and I personally think that in the long run we need to move toward them, but many of his ideas have never been proven on more than paper. On top of that, if he had control, he would institute many of those changes very quickly which I consider not only dramatic but reckless. My opinion? Good fundamentals, bad execution.
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Majik » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:18 pm

Some well made points, but at this point I think a poorly executed good plan would be better than a well executed current plan .
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacK » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:50 pm

100% agree with you there, Maj. Current plan = bad plan.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pesetas » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:20 pm

There's a plan? :DANG:
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Postby spOOky » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:23 am

Jesse Ventura speech at the Ron Paul rally. Sorry for any typos, it is so late.....

Great speech though.

http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/123481/detail/
spOOky
Lackey
Lackey

Return to Ardor of Opinion