Fox News Out!

Share your viewpoint - politics and policy: the good, the bad, and the politicians.
Forum rules
The rules are simple: you may not agree, but you can agree to disagree. Vehement altercations will not be tolerated. If you don't know what that means, pull out the old Webster. If you are still struggling, this forum isn't for you.

Fox News Out!

Postby spOOky » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:08 am

spOOky
Lackey
Lackey

Re: Fox News Out!

Postby spOOky » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:20 am

And here is the Fox News spin on it.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1b1_1219672738&p=1

Love how they try to say the people in the crowd don't believe in freedom of speech. Sounds to me like they were using their freedom of speech quite freely thank you Fox.

Then they say that the crowd doesn't like Obama and from out of left field the Anchor tries to bring up Hawaii and Puerto Rico for some odd reason. It is called grasping at straws.

Fox is crumbling under the weight of it's own hypocrisy. The American people will not put up with their sh** anymore. Well the sheep will but not the patriots on either side.
spOOky
Lackey
Lackey

Postby spOOky » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:39 am

More reasons to hate Fox News. When someone disputes their propaganda the conveniently run out of time.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=554_1219097597&p=1

At the very end this piece of sh** interviewer says there are gray areas in war. Who fed this f***** that line? Yeah, the gray area is FOX NEWS.

I hope God create4s a new ring in hell for fake journalists that flame the fires of war for the military industrial complex. Just look at his face, you can see he is a paid shill for the government and the multi-national corporations.

First we force them out of our demonstrations. Next, the gallows for treason. Fox "News" is a propaganda tool of the white house and the pentagon.
spOOky
Lackey
Lackey

Postby spOOky » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:55 am

Fox News exposed as a propaganda tool of the white house.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2jQENzth0s

Yes this is a "I hate Fox News" thread.
spOOky
Lackey
Lackey

Postby spOOky » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:28 am

No need for a description here. It speaks for itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rqdtZlec0s
spOOky
Lackey
Lackey

Postby Knightrider » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:07 am

Every news company has a lot of bias and everyone has their own polictical agenda. Its not just Foxnews its all the other major networks too.
Too Close for Missiles, switching to guns
Negative Ghostrider, the patterns full

[url=http://ragealliance.eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=323683]
Image[/url]
Knightrider
Pink Collar
Pink Collar

Postby spOOky » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:11 pm

Every news company has a lot of bias and everyone has their own polictical agenda. Its not just Foxnews its all the other major networks too.

No, Fox News is a propaganda tool of the white house and the pentagon. This is not bias, this is pure lies and propaganda. Just the kind of thing we used to criticize Russia and newspapers like Pravda over.

I don't watch any of the major media networks anymore but Fox news stands alone in it's utter bulls***.
spOOky
Lackey
Lackey

Postby Knightrider » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:40 pm

I wouldn't go so far to say
spOOky wrote:
Fox News is a propaganda tool of the white house and the pentagon. This is not bias, this is pure lies and propaganda. Just the kind of thing we used to criticize Russia and newspapers like Pravda over.

Now when journalists start dieing and dispearing minus a la Putin style minus the fox ones then I'll say that Fox is the propaganda tool of the Government. I think the greatest propaganda tool of the Government is todays public education, Im more worried about that then Fox's heavly right leaning stories and Moveon.org's Anti 1st admendment campain.

Image[/url]
Knightrider
Pink Collar
Pink Collar

Postby Majik » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:47 pm

Fox is good for a laugh, not serious news reporting.
What's sad is so many people,young and old alike, actually believe what they see and hear on it.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacK » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:58 pm

Certainly not in defense of Fox, but out of awe. Isn't it great that we live in a country that allows agencies like Fox to thrive? Seriously, in most other countries, these folks would be run through. Freedom of speech is a beautiful thing.
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Postby Majik » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:04 pm

MacK wrote:Certainly not in defense of Fox, but out of awe. Isn't it great that we live in a country that allows agencies like Fox to thrive? Seriously, in most other countries, these folks would be run through. Freedom of speech is a beautiful thing.

Can't argue with that!
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby StrongMAD » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:31 pm

Majik wrote:
MacK wrote:Certainly not in defense of Fox, but out of awe. Isn't it great that we live in a country that allows agencies like Fox to thrive? Seriously, in most other countries, these folks would be run through. Freedom of speech is a beautiful thing.

Can't argue with that!

I can :)

Freedom of speech is fine, but it has limits. The classical one is about not shouting "fire" in a crowded theater. It should also be punishable to report known falsehoods as truth and opinion as news. Sadly a lot of news stations do the latter, but Fox has outright lied on numerous occasions, from the seemingly inconspicuous typos ("Barrack Hussein Osama") to the literal direct fact checked lies : http://alieaday.blogspot.com/2008/07/fox-news-lies.html

Freedom of speech is not freedom to libel, to slander to impugn without cause. This Fox News does daily in directly lying and calling it news. For that, they should have some kind of punishment imposed (fines/pulling of license to broadcast).

PS: Hobbit: Did you watch the videos? There is serious evidence not of 'bias' but outright fabrications. That's not only showing one side of a story, it's lying. And I believe there should be a penalty for knowingly lying to the public about serious issues.
*FDB*Loki - Couldn't hit a planet at close range...
StrongMAD
White Collar
White Collar

Postby Majik » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:40 am

I knew I should have just quoted the "Freedom of speech is a beautiful thing."
That's what I was saying you can't argue with.
There is no question that it can be abused and misused, but still the concept is awesome.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Knightrider » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:11 pm

Yes I did watch all of those video's, No I'm not suprised to see that the White House and GOP sent talking points to FOX NEWS to spread their propaganda and one can't say that the DNC or Moveon.org doesn't do the same thing. Almost every party or political power in the world uses propaganda. Hell you would have to be a complete retard not to know. Thats why with news talk shows such as Hannity, Rachel Maddow, and the other talking heads you must realize that they are there for entertainment and to get ratings up with thier own spin on the news. Its really sad to see america become such polarized the website for example the website that strong linked up top it states "LIE 1.A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood. 2.Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression. 3. The Primary tool of politics used by Republicans." and I'm sure on other right leaning blog sites that the Republican is replaced with a Democrats.

Now onto another note. The 12 yo Girl that was in GA. I have a extremely strong feeling that she and her aunt in fact where acting as Russian Propagandaists in that video you posted spooky.

Also this is a good book I just got done with http://www.amazon.com/New-Cold-War-Puti ... 325&sr=8-1

Image[/url]
Knightrider
Pink Collar
Pink Collar

Postby spOOky » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:44 am

I have a extremely strong feeling that she and her aunt in fact where acting as Russian Propagandaists in that video you posted spooky.

I understand you feel this but can you back it up with facts? Feelings mean f*** all in discussions such as these. I feel like Fox News is a tool of the Bush administration but I back it up with facts. Can you please do the same for your quoted comment? I want links to your sources as well please.

Are you aware of the fact that Georgia attacked first?

Now once you are aware of the fact that Georgia attacked an area full of ethnic Russians for no reason and killed many innocent people please explain why Russia should have not retaliated.

And furthermore why is it any of our business (America) and why are we provoking Russia by supporting Georgia with aid and military supplies?

While at the same time we sign a pact to set up missile banks Poland right on Russia's doorstep.

Madness.

Utter stupidity and madness.

I await your reply.
spOOky
Lackey
Lackey

Postby Majik » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:36 am

I'll be honest with you Spooky.
I have been less involved and awaye of what's been going on in the world because I'm having major personal problems.
But I don't have to be keeping up with the news to know that bush and his cronies have NO RIGHT to be involving us in ANY Russian affairs that we are not personally iinvolved in.
In my 54 years on this planet I never dreamed I would live to see America become such a country controled by a government that we have today. And I'm not talking about just bush,tho he and his cronies are a major symptom of how bad it has gotten.

By the way,is this deja vu?
"Now once you are aware of the fact that Georgia attacked an area full of ethnic Russians for no reason and killed many innocent people please explain why Russia should have not retaliated.

And furthermore why is it any of our business (America) and why are we provoking Russia by supporting Georgia with aid and military supplies?

While at the same time we sign a pact to set up missile banks Poland right on Russia's doorstep. "

Think back about 15-20 years, and substitute Iran/Iraq for Georgia/Russia.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Knightrider » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:50 am

ILL GET BACK TO THIS IN ABOUT 3 HOURS HAVE TO GET TO MY NEXT CLASS!!

Yes I am very aware of what went on spooky, i know starting on august 1st that the conflict started with each side stateing that they opened up fire on each other violateing a 1992 ceasefire treaty that they signed. Then on august 5th russia said that they would intervene into the conflict if they didn't end it. Then on the 7th the Georgian Pres oredered his troops to seize fire and called for talks and offered South Osseita full automony and said russia should make sure that the treaty stood. Russia said no to that and the conflict escalted. Both sides have reportedly commited human rights violations and there has been documented reports of Russian cluster bombing of civilians and Georgian shelling of civilians.

On to why we were giving aid to georgia I think you can figure that one out by yourself.

On to the note of the girl and her aunt

here are my links:

http://www.mahalo.com/South_Ossetia_War_2008

Image[/url]
Knightrider
Pink Collar
Pink Collar

Return to Ardor of Opinion