DNC and GOP Conventions

Share your viewpoint - politics and policy: the good, the bad, and the politicians.
Forum rules
The rules are simple: you may not agree, but you can agree to disagree. Vehement altercations will not be tolerated. If you don't know what that means, pull out the old Webster. If you are still struggling, this forum isn't for you.

DNC and GOP Conventions

Postby Knightrider » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:42 am

Well last night started the conventions and the crap is starting to pile up. Good old Nancy talked about the great things that the Democrats passed through and they are "AFTER YEARS OF INACTION BY REPUBLICANS, IN OUR VERY FIRST ACT, WE PASSED THE 9/11 COMMISSION RECOMMENDATIONS TO PROTECT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. THAT WAS JUST THE BEGINNING:
* WE HELPED REBUILD THE GULF COAST FOR THE SURVIVORS OF HURRICANES KATRINA AND RITA.
* WE PUT RECOVERY REBATES INTO THE HANDS OF MORE THAN 130 MILLION FAMILIES.
* WE PASSED LEGISLATION TO KEEP HARD-WORKING AMERICAN FAMILIES IN THEIR HOMES AND TO KEEP TOXIC TOYS OUT OF THE HANDS OF OUR CHILDREN.
* WE INCREASED THE MINIMUM WAGE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN TEN YEARS;
* WE IMPROVED FUEL EFFICIENCY FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 32 YEARS;
* WE PASSED THE LARGEST COLLEGE AID EXPANSION SINCE THE GI BILL 64 YEARS AGO;
* WE PASSED THE LARGEST VETERANS' HEALTH CARE FUNDING IN THE 77 YEAR HISTORY OF THE VETERANS ADMINISTRATION.
* AND, WE ENACTED A NEW GI BILL TO THANK OUR VETERANS FROM THE WARS IN IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN BY SENDING THEM TO COLLEGE.
"
I love the mention of inaction this congress has done jack crap hell it has the lowest approval rating even lower than bush's.

I really like how she said "AMERICA NEEDS A PRESIDENT WHO WILL ONCE AND FOR ALL END OUR DANGEROUS DEPENDENCE ON FOREIGN OIL AND INVEST IN RENEWABLE, CLEAN ENERGY" Hmmm who has been stoping the opening of the oil field in Alaska and in the ocean. Yes the Oil companys make alot of money but when you look at their Profit margens they make less then a candy bar company's profit margins. Why is making a profit evil, its simple economics.

If this is any sign of how the coventions are going to go, its going to get really intresting and i think im going to have to get a gas mask to protect against the stench coming from my TV screen.
Too Close for Missiles, switching to guns
Negative Ghostrider, the patterns full

[url=http://ragealliance.eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=323683]
Image[/url]
Knightrider
Pink Collar
Pink Collar

Re: DNC and GOP Conventions

Postby Majik » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:49 pm

Here comes the new boss....sam as the old boss.......

repubs and dems alke need to do a complete overhaul of the trash in both parties.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pesetas » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:01 pm

RON PAUL!!!
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Postby Majik » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:03 pm

pesetas wrote:RON PAUL!!!

Hell yeah!
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby StrongMAD » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:38 pm

Knightrider wrote:I really like how she said "AMERICA NEEDS A PRESIDENT WHO WILL ONCE AND FOR ALL END OUR DANGEROUS DEPENDENCE ON FOREIGN OIL AND INVEST IN RENEWABLE, CLEAN ENERGY" Hmmm who has been stoping the opening of the oil field in Alaska and in the ocean..

Erm, how is oil from Alaska clean and renewable?
*FDB*Loki - Couldn't hit a planet at close range...
StrongMAD
White Collar
White Collar

Postby Your Hero Jed » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:00 pm

I just can't wait for an election where i can vote for some one i like. I'm tired of voting for people i hate less. :DANG:
Fresh out of batteries, but we're still making noise.Image
Your Hero Jed
Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Postby Majik » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:15 pm

I've actually decided I'm going to vote for Ron Paul.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pesetas » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:33 am

Ron Paul...RON PAUL!!!
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Postby Knightrider » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:24 pm

StrongMAD wrote:
Knightrider wrote:I really like how she said "AMERICA NEEDS A PRESIDENT WHO WILL ONCE AND FOR ALL END OUR DANGEROUS DEPENDENCE ON FOREIGN OIL AND INVEST IN RENEWABLE, CLEAN ENERGY" Hmmm who has been stoping the opening of the oil field in Alaska and in the ocean..

Erm, how is oil from Alaska clean and renewable?

I was going more for the part of END OUR DANGEROUS DEPENDENCE ON FOREIGN OIL because we need to do that while we start looking for renewable fuel sources such as nuke, wind, geothermal, cow crap, and other sources. On another note its nice to get 100ll av gas for $5.00 a gallon now.
Too Close for Missiles, switching to guns
Negative Ghostrider, the patterns full

[url=http://ragealliance.eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=323683]
Image[/url]
Knightrider
Pink Collar
Pink Collar

Postby StrongMAD » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:45 pm

Knightrider wrote:I was going more for the part of END OUR DANGEROUS DEPENDENCE ON FOREIGN OIL because we need to do that while we start looking for renewable fuel sources such as nuke, wind, geothermal, cow crap, and other sources. On another note its nice to get 100ll av gas for $5.00 a gallon now.

We don't need to start looking for renewable sources, they're already here. Sidenote: nuke's not renewable really - but there's enough fuel that it doesn't matter at the moment. What renewable energy needs is investment in infrastructure. A shot in the arm of cheap oil isn't going to help that.
*FDB*Loki - Couldn't hit a planet at close range...
StrongMAD
White Collar
White Collar

Return to Ardor of Opinion