Conspiracy? Censorship?

Share your viewpoint - politics and policy: the good, the bad, and the politicians.
Forum rules
The rules are simple: you may not agree, but you can agree to disagree. Vehement altercations will not be tolerated. If you don't know what that means, pull out the old Webster. If you are still struggling, this forum isn't for you.

Conspiracy? Censorship?

Postby spOOky » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:29 pm

Ok I must be trippin'. Please tell me I am.

Please go to google video and search this term: Martial Law at the Republican National Convention

This search is in regards to several videos that were brought to my attention and were posted this morning. Now when I tried to play the links to the videos I got the error "This video is no longer available".

So I went to google and then searched for videos using that term and I got three pages of different videos all giving me the same error. Please tell me it's just me because if it isn't there is some major fuckin' censorship going on.
spOOky
Lackey
Lackey

Re: Conspiracy? Censorship?

Postby Majik » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:33 pm

this one worked for me:
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby spOOky » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:49 pm

That's funny. Here is what I get when I try to play it. But I can play other non related videos just fine.

Really weird.
spOOky
Lackey
Lackey

Postby Majik » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:08 pm

I did see on another forum that some people were getting a message that youtube was down for maintenance....
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacK » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:14 pm

That same video is available on youtube now. There is a message at the top of the page:

We are currently performing site maintenance. Be cool - we'll be back 100% in a bit.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsn6jN0p21w

Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Postby spOOky » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:26 pm

Whew! I knew I was trippin'! I do find it strange that it was only affecting these political types of videos and not others. But whatever. Thanks for checking it out for me guys!
spOOky
Lackey
Lackey

Postby pesetas » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:21 am

Whew...I thought it was another conspiracy :icon43:
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Return to Ardor of Opinion