Mothers of the diappeared

Share your viewpoint - politics and policy: the good, the bad, and the politicians.
Forum rules
The rules are simple: you may not agree, but you can agree to disagree. Vehement altercations will not be tolerated. If you don't know what that means, pull out the old Webster. If you are still struggling, this forum isn't for you.

Mothers of the diappeared

Postby spOOky » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:20 am

Wow where is everybody lately? We gotta' keep this place alive!

Anyway, I took my three year old son to buy a Halloween costume today and after finding one he liked we went scouting for one for Mom. For the first time in my life I let him out of my sight as he found a cool toy to play with and seemed pleasantly occupied. It was a small store with just a few rows of product. There were a few people in the store and I kept going back to check on him but after seeing this video I will never leave his side again as long as he is a little one.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7f5_1224107167

I have been totally obsessed with his safety since he was born but today I was a bit off my game. I know some guys here are new Dad's so I thought I would post this. This is an evil world we live in and as fathers we must protect our children at all costs. That means never leaving them in a situation where someone can snatch them away from us forever. My son is the source of most of the happiness in my life and our interactions every day make life worth living.

Oh well, I know my posts aren't always fun but i thought I should bring this to your attention so we can all raise and protect our kids so they can grow up like us and be the best that they can be. They are the future and our heartfelt treasures that mean more to us than any words can express. We must remain vigilante and never become lackadaisical with our young ones even when we are tired or lulled into a sense of comfort by a certain scenario that seems safe.

'nuff said.

Enjoy your family my friends.

Cheers and best wishes!

Your pal,

spOOky
spOOky
Lackey
Lackey

Re: Mothers of the diappeared

Postby MacK » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:24 pm

Spooky - I appreciated your post. I can't imagine what would be like to lose my little guy - I don't want to. I can't believe there are people among us that would do such cruel things. It makes you angry just to think about it.
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Postby Majik » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:14 pm

Thats one of the scariest feelings in the world. It's really sad that our would is in such a state that these things happen. I wonder where decency went astray to where we have people that develop into such sick people.
Whne I was a teenager,and yes, I know that was long long ago, I was able to safely hitchhike across the country without any real fears.
Now I would be concerened about hitchhiking a couple miles down the road if I had a car break down. Sad indeed.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby *FDB*Hakko » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:00 pm

My son is only 1 month old so I've got him in my hands at all times or I hand him off to my wife. He's always right there.
lamaramal.wordpress.com
*FDB*Hakko
White Collar
White Collar

Return to Ardor of Opinion