the VOTE

Share your viewpoint - politics and policy: the good, the bad, and the politicians.
Forum rules
The rules are simple: you may not agree, but you can agree to disagree. Vehement altercations will not be tolerated. If you don't know what that means, pull out the old Webster. If you are still struggling, this forum isn't for you.

the VOTE

Postby pesetas » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:31 am

As I mentally prepare myself to go vote this afternoon a thought crossed my mind. In recent years I can't recall my vote meaning so much but having such unworthy candidates to cast it for. I have never felt so not passionate about the presidential race. More-so, I'm just flat out in fear of things to come.

I hope for the best but brace myself for the worst...
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Re: the VOTE

Postby *FDB*Hakko » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:30 pm

Absentee ballot voting. So easy, no lines, no wait. Wish I did this sooner.
lamaramal.wordpress.com
*FDB*Hakko
White Collar
White Collar

Postby MacK » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:43 pm

*FDB*Hakko wrote:Absentee ballot voting. So easy, no lines, no wait. Wish I did this sooner.

Ditto - it was nice, although filling out all those bubbles made me feel like I was back in high school.
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Postby Majik » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:47 pm

Actually, I don't agree with all this "early voting" crap. Today is lection day.
Military and/or government service out of the country, yest you should be able to do absentee voting,
And ( no offense menat Hakko) handicapped, you too should be able to do mail in/absentee voting.
Everyone else should get off their a** on election day and vote.
That said, I'm with you Pes.
What reall surprised me was that I had no wait in line to vote this time. Of course I went at a different time than usual,being not working, but in all my years of voting, this was the very first time I actually walked right up,showed my ID and voted with no wait at all.

I posted this on another forum and I'll post it here. Whoever wins, it is time we as citizens start making the government be more accountable to us, and to do what it right for us and the country.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Majik » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:48 pm

bubbles?
Are you ballots the fill in the bubble with the black ink pen kind?

At least I trust that kind..lol
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby *FDB*Hakko » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:25 pm

yes
lamaramal.wordpress.com
*FDB*Hakko
White Collar
White Collar

Postby pesetas » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:31 pm

I went in at 5pm with no lines at all. The fellow who verified me said that earlier in the morning the lines were 2 hours long. I guess my timing was good. That being said...this is the least satisfied I've been as a voter. Made me feel very sad for our current state...

Majik...you're absolutely right...no matter who wins this, we as paisanos (countrymen) need to work together to get this country back on track and back to being the superpower we once were!
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

pesetas
Master
Master

Postby MacK » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:03 pm

Well, since I have moved from my district, the only feasible thing was to do the absentee ballot.... granted, it was much easier as well. :)
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pesetas » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:50 pm

I just had an interesting discussion with my youngest daughter. She's a freshman in HS. She said that some kid at school believes that IF Obama wins, at the end of his term, 2012...that's when the Aztec(Mayan?)calendar ends and thusly so does the world. She laughed.....so did I.....then there was an awkward silence as we contemplated our demise...
- Sun Tzu

pesetas
Master
Master

Postby *FDB*Hakko » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:47 pm

hmmm. my mother was saying something about Armageddon I think. Her pastor was voicing his opinion I guess.
lamaramal.wordpress.com
*FDB*Hakko
White Collar
White Collar

Postby Majik » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:41 pm

yes, 2012 has been in the news a lot lately about the end of the world.
I am willing to go on record right now that unless I die from not getting my kidney transplant ,that I will be alive in 20 13!! :RubberNecker:
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pesetas » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:48 am

Nah...you'll be around Maj!

Now for my prediction. Black Americans will be expecting a dramatic change in their socioeconomic status. It's not going to happen. At least it's not going to happen over night. White Americans, either Dems or Reps will be expecting drastic changes in the economy. It's not going to happen. At least over night. So, in 4 years when the Mayans or Aztecs predicted...we will all go bananas. The US will seal itself off to prevent more illegal immigration and we'll become a colony of perverse in-bread mofos dependant on taxes for survival. Wait...that sounds familiar for some reason....hmmm
- Sun Tzu

pesetas
Master
Master

Postby Majik » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:04 am

I do see the ability to play the race card getting smaller and smaller, for that I am grateful. Fo the most part if has never affected me,but I have had friends that were over qualified not get a job becaused the other applicant was not as qualified but had a darker origin. Which is not right.
BUt as I said elsewehre, the best thhing we all can do is come together and support our new president, but also keep him accountable to us.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pesetas » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:36 am

Well, not to get off topic here but I have personally witnessed affirmative action become reverse discrimination. That's all I'll say on that lest I offend.
- Sun Tzu

pesetas
Master
Master

Postby Majik » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:00 am

Pes, thats what I was saying too,and now it should be harder for that to happen. Everyone should get their raises and promotions and awards and whatever based solely no their merits!
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pesetas » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:19 am

We'll see. :UmmmHmm:
- Sun Tzu

pesetas
Master
Master

Postby Majik » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:23 pm

I said should,not would.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Your Hero Jed » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:08 pm

The outcome of this vote is that,
WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eventually.
Fresh out of batteries, but we're still making noise.Image
Your Hero Jed
Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Postby Majik » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:45 pm

Your Hero Jed wrote:The outcome of this vote is that,

Eventually.

Me first! (probably)
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacK » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:45 pm

Majik wrote:
Your Hero Jed wrote:The outcome of this vote is that,

Eventually.

Me first! (probably)

Yeah, but you will be the first to respawn and cap Strong.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Ardor of Opinion