Obama's townhalls......

Share your viewpoint - politics and policy: the good, the bad, and the politicians.
Forum rules
The rules are simple: you may not agree, but you can agree to disagree. Vehement altercations will not be tolerated. If you don't know what that means, pull out the old Webster. If you are still struggling, this forum isn't for you.

Obama's townhalls......

Postby Knightrider » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:15 am

Too Close for Missiles, switching to guns
Negative Ghostrider, the patterns full

[url=http://ragealliance.eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=323683]
Image[/url]
Knightrider
Pink Collar
Pink Collar

Re: Obama's townhalls......

Postby pesetas » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:06 pm

Interesting but no shocker there. Thanks for sharing!
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Postby StrongMAD » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:37 pm

Obama town halls mostly attended by Obama supporters!

In a disgustingly partisan move, most people who turn up to see Barack Obama happen to be his supporters! Some of the ones with a strong interest in politics even asked political questions! Of the four Ron Paul supporters left in the country, not a single one turned up. A quick search of their caves revealed that their lack of belief in PBS or any 'mainstream media' had lead to them not even knowing that the town hall meeting was happening.

Also by this author:

Hannah Montana concert mostly attended by Hannah Montana fans.

Of all the people in the stadium the last Tuesday night, 99% turned out to be Hannah Montana fans, and some of the people at the front cheering were even wearing Hannah Montana clothing. One individual who stood out more than most in their fervor proclaimed "I'm the biggest fan ever and that's why I'm here! I just love her sooo much". Said fan asked only to be referred to as "BigD", and was unavailable for comment whilst the performer was on stage. Of the remaining 39,999 screaming teenage girls not one reported an interest in Led Zeppelin.

Also in the news:

Yankee Stadium filled with Yankees fans. McDonald's employee asks questions of McDonald's management. Starbucks found to be full of coffee drinkers. Washington Post articles found to be written by foaming-at-the-mouth agenda pushing cherry pickers of facts.
*FDB*Loki - Couldn't hit a planet at close range...
StrongMAD
White Collar
White Collar

Postby Knightrider » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:59 pm

StrongMAD wrote:Obama town halls mostly attended by Obama supporters!

In a disgustingly partisan move, most people who turn up to see Barack Obama happen to be his supporters! Some of the ones with a strong interest in politics even asked political questions! Of the four Ron Paul supporters left in the country, not a single one turned up. A quick search of their caves revealed that their lack of belief in PBS or any 'mainstream media' had lead to them not even knowing that the town hall meeting was happening.

Also by this author:

Hannah Montana concert mostly attended by Hannah Montana fans.

Of all the people in the stadium the last Tuesday night, 99% turned out to be Hannah Montana fans, and some of the people at the front cheering were even wearing Hannah Montana clothing. One individual who stood out more than most in their fervor proclaimed "I'm the biggest fan ever and that's why I'm here! I just love her sooo much". Said fan asked only to be referred to as "BigD", and was unavailable for comment whilst the performer was on stage. Of the remaining 39,999 screaming teenage girls not one reported an interest in Led Zeppelin.

Also in the news:

Yankee Stadium filled with Yankees fans. McDonald's employee asks questions of McDonald's management. Starbucks found to be full of coffee drinkers. Washington Post articles found to be written by foaming-at-the-mouth agenda pushing cherry pickers of facts.

I think you missed the point I was trying to make, A town hall meeting is where you let the people ask the questions, not your campaign groupies. It is like being in a class where a TA asks 50% of the questions(already knowing the answers to all of them) taking up the time for the students to ask questions. If he really wanted to get his agenda across he should have put it in his speech, which he give before the Q&A session. If my count is right 5 online non-groupies got ask a question and 5 groupies asked a question. It should have been 10 non-groupies in my book.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2009/03/obama-text-town.html

On another note I sure hope you are not sarcastically alluding that I lack belief in PBS, CNN, C SPAN, etc and that I didn't know that this was going on. I asked/agreed to some questions when the White House was open for question. I was also online for the "special online town hall" when it was going on. http://www.whitehouse.gov/openforquestions/ I just hope during his next one he takes more questions from the people, even though most of them(the popular ones) in the Jobs, budget, Green jobs/Energy, and health care sections have to do with pot.

(Sry about typos, I used an Iphone)

Image[/url]
Knightrider
Pink Collar
Pink Collar

Postby StrongMAD » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:28 pm

Not aimed at you in particular Hobbit, just making a joke or two - lighten up francis! But I don't find it particularly surprising that a meeting with Obama would be packed with Obama fans, even if it isn't supposed to be, and these are political people who would likely have political questions. BigD would go to a Hannah Montana Q+A session even if she didn't directly ask her fans to attend, just for a chance to be near her.
*FDB*Loki - Couldn't hit a planet at close range...
StrongMAD
White Collar
White Collar

Postby Knightrider » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:26 pm

StrongMAD wrote:Not aimed at you in particular Hobbit, just making a joke or two - lighten up francis! But I don't find it particularly surprising that a meeting with Obama would be packed with Obama fans, even if it isn't supposed to be, and these are political people who would likely have political questions. BigD would go to a Hannah Montana Q+A session even if she didn't directly ask her fans to attend, just for a chance to be near her.

Midterms making me rage. I still :wub: you strong.

Image[/url]
Knightrider
Pink Collar
Pink Collar

Postby BigD » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:44 pm

StrongMAD wrote: One individual who stood out more than most in their fervor proclaimed "I'm the biggest fan ever and that's why I'm here! I just love her sooo much". Said fan asked only to be referred to as "BigD", and was unavailable for comment whilst the performer was on stage. Of the remaining 39,999 screaming teenage girls not one reported an interest in Led Zeppelin.

:UmmmHmm: Actually.....in the midst of 39,999 screaming teenage girls???...I could see myself there. :icon74:

Hobbit, I woudn't take that kind of abuse.
BigD
White Collar
White Collar

Return to Ardor of Opinion