Back in the USSA

Share your viewpoint - politics and policy: the good, the bad, and the politicians.
Forum rules
The rules are simple: you may not agree, but you can agree to disagree. Vehement altercations will not be tolerated. If you don't know what that means, pull out the old Webster. If you are still struggling, this forum isn't for you.

Back in the USSA

Postby pesetas » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:39 pm

Well now...hmmm...GM has filed Chapter 11 and so the US is the largest stakeholder in the "New GM"....

Anyone else see a problem with that? Sounds like the beginning of the big C to me.
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Re: Back in the USSA

Postby Majik » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:42 pm

No problem at all, wouldn't that mean we as the owners can hire us,the unemployed now?
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby StrongMAD » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:36 pm

Works pretty well for the postal service. And frankly, if my tax dollars are being used to bail out a company, I'd like to have some representation on how that company is run, though I suspect that in practice the govt. holding will be short-lived. Relax - it's not communism when the govt. run a police force, build the roads, or buy stock in a company. GM has many private competitors, any of whom will be happy to take your money for an equivalent product. Hell, back in the UK the govt. runs a couple of TV stations (BBC) and they've got plenty of private competition.
*FDB*Loki - Couldn't hit a planet at close range...
StrongMAD
White Collar
White Collar

Postby Majik » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:09 pm

Actually the Postal Service is a bad example. It takes no government funds,which is why the price of stamps goes of so much and so often.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby StrongMAD » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:39 pm

Actually I think that makes it a great example: Govt. owned and self supporting - the parameters that they should run GM on. And I know postage goes up, but really, I don't think 50c to get a letter anywhere in the states in a couple of days is excessive - far cheaper than any of the private alternatives.
*FDB*Loki - Couldn't hit a planet at close range...
StrongMAD
White Collar
White Collar

Return to Ardor of Opinion