Post Turtle

Share your viewpoint - politics and policy: the good, the bad, and the politicians.
Forum rules
The rules are simple: you may not agree, but you can agree to disagree. Vehement altercations will not be tolerated. If you don't know what that means, pull out the old Webster. If you are still struggling, this forum isn't for you.

Post Turtle

Postby Your Hero Jed » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:04 pm

Received this email today. Thought it was pretty funny.

While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old rancher, who's hand was caught in the gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to Obama and his bid to be our president.

The old rancher said, 'Well, ya know, Obama is a 'Post Turtle''.
Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a 'post turtle' was.
The old rancher said, 'When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post turtle'.

The old rancher saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face so he continued to explain. 'You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, and he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, and you just wonder what kind of dumb a** put him up there to begin with'.
Fresh out of batteries, but we're still making noise.Image
Your Hero Jed
Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Re: Post Turtle

Postby pesetas » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:38 pm

Thank you Jed...thank you...
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Postby Majik » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:48 pm

lol, I have to asume Pes is not an Obama fan.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pesetas » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:34 pm

LOL Majik....just don't get me started on health care or it's liable to get rowdy in here!!! :Flaming: :RedHeaded: :Reddd:
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Postby Majik » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:43 pm

Of course health care is probably the most important issue to ME at the momemnt...lol
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby *FDB*Hakko » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:17 pm

Government controlled health care will probably determine that you can live just fine on dialysis and don't need a new kidney.

that's all I'm gonna say about that.
lamaramal.wordpress.com
*FDB*Hakko
White Collar
White Collar

Postby Majik » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:33 pm

You may be right Hakko.
Myself, I think we have the technology to clone myself a new kidney, and for both cost and medical reasons that would be the best route to go.
But it won't happen in my life time.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Ardor of Opinion