The situation with ACORN gets worse and worse.

Share your viewpoint - politics and policy: the good, the bad, and the politicians.
Forum rules
The rules are simple: you may not agree, but you can agree to disagree. Vehement altercations will not be tolerated. If you don't know what that means, pull out the old Webster. If you are still struggling, this forum isn't for you.

The situation with ACORN gets worse and worse.

Postby Aunt Jemima » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:27 am

Today there is a fifth video that independent filmmaker James O'Keefe has released. This video shows a worker for ACORN apparently offering help to smuggle underage girls into the US for prostitution.

Source:http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,551163,00.html

For the past several days this story has been getting substantially worse and worse. The corrupt behavior of this organization is systemic. First it was the voter registration fiasco now this? Not that I ever felt that ACORN was reputable, but I could see them disputing one video. Five videos however is just too damning. I find the statements about manipulation on their website to be just hilarious.

Source:http://www.acorn.org/index.php?id=17851

What do you guys think about this whole mess. What do you think is in store for ACORN?
Last edited by Aunt Jemima on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

>SELECT * FROM tblUsers WHERE clue > 0
0 rows returned

"It's easier to be terrified by an enemy you admire."
Thufir Hawat to Feyd-Rautha
Aunt Jemima
Pink Collar
Pink Collar

Human Verification: 204

Re: The situation with ACORN gets worse and worse.

Postby Majik » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:50 am

Its on Fox news so it HAS to be true! :ROFL:

I saw the videos on The Daily Show (another very reputable source for hard facts news)
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Falqon » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:06 am

I don't think anybodies realistically disputing the authenticity of the video's are they?

I think this is about as good of an admission as you're going to find, ""I will clean this house," CEO Bertha Lewis vowed on CNN.
Falqon
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Cpt_Obvious » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:02 pm

No, the videos are quite legit. They have anyone who was remotely associated with the group trying to cut all ties, including the whitehouse. It gets even worse if you watch the whole video, with the woman describing how she planned out and executed the murder of her husband. Interesting story.
HK, because you suck, and we hate you.
Cpt_Obvious
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Aunt Jemima » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:19 pm

Yes the videos are legit. You can find stories relating to them on any news website. My right wing conservative a s s just prefers foxnews :Smokin: ACORN was initially saying they were doctored, fabricated, or whatever. I now think it's blatantly apparent that that is not the case. Sure there was a clear agenda, but i don't think the filmmaker thought he would have been able to get this kind of material out of ACORN when he started his work.

>SELECT * FROM tblUsers WHERE clue > 0
0 rows returned

"It's easier to be terrified by an enemy you admire."
Thufir Hawat to Feyd-Rautha
Aunt Jemima
Pink Collar
Pink Collar

Postby Majik » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:33 pm

Of course I doubt the validity of anything on Fox. Sorry, hard habits die hard, especially after all the lies I have seen come out of Fox in the past couple of years.
That said, I have to admit I honestly thought there were not people that stupid as the people on the tapes.Seeing them on the Daily Show first I thought it was another skit I was mistaken.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Ardor of Opinion