NASA confirms water on Mars

The bizarre and unexplained.

NASA confirms water on Mars

Postby spOOky » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:30 am

http://dvice.com/archives/2008/07/breaking_water.php

Now I have been aware that there is definitely water on Mars for quite some time. But NASA is always slow on releasing information to the public. In fact I believe they have been lying to us for a long time about a lot of things. But that is another topic. Anyway now that they have let the cat out of the bag I can share some more controversial evidence about Mars with out seeming to be as quite a loon. :)

After this picture loads soon in on the mountain on the right. What do you see?

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/207495main_Spirit.jpg

Now I present this video that is even more eye opening as to the possible physical make up of Mars that differs quite a bit from what we have been told.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1277985713227013883

Take it with a grain of salt of course. I am not saying I know more than NASA. I am just saying they might know more than they are telling us.
spOOky
Lackey
Lackey

Re: NASA confirms water on Mars

Postby MacK » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:41 am

The crazy thing is that it is pretty clear that there is water on Mars and other planets. The real stretch is whether there could have ever been life. I don't think NASA is so much about saying there isn't water, as there is a substance that looks and leaves traces like water. For example, they have indications that Europa, one of Jupiter's moons, has large amounts of ice and potentially water, but it has been argued that the environment is cold enough that it may actually be liquefied gases other than water.

Another important thing to note is that there are many places in Mars sand that look like ripples of water, but in fact the rovers have proven that they are actually caused by wind ripples in sand which makes much more sense. Today, liquid water in Mars' atmosphere evaporates so quickly that there is no way to have standing water.

I don't think NASA is hiding anything per-se, but more doing the CYA. As a scientific agency, they tend to understate until they have more proof. How do I know this? My aunt and uncle work for NASA and I worked for them one summer as well. I have a more intimate understanding of NASA than most thanks to family connections and personal experience.
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Postby spOOky » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:44 pm

Wow, that is really great that your family is involved with NASA. I am sure to have many questions to ask you in the future. :)

One question I have is about why NASA has for years presented pictures of Mars to the public with false color schemes? The general uninformed population have been led to believe that Mars is this barren red planet with a red sky etc. But when you look deeper into the NASA archives you find that Mars has many colors on the surface and even a blue/white atmosphere (sky). The image of Mars presented by NASA from the beginning was that Mars was a very inhospitable place. But as the truth comes out little by little we find more and more that this is not the case.

Why would NASA feel the need to present this image of Mars to the public when they KNOW better?

Please watch this video below regarding NASA color schemes and for some great images of Mars from NASA probes with true color、 not fairy tale NASA red filters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjtZGeD0wQY
spOOky
Lackey
Lackey

Postby Majik » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:10 pm

Interesting. It really looks like the desert to me.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacK » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:16 pm

FYI - false color images are used to emphasize differences among rock and soil materials. It takes into account the infrared spectrum, which the naked eye cannot see, and produces an image dubbed "false color", but is used for distinction in soil types. Believe it or not, mars is a pretty bland place. While it is largely red in color, there is certainly some variation from various mineral deposits.

Here is a little better explanation: http://www.universetoday.com/2007/10/01 ... otography/
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby spOOky » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:33 am

FYI - false color images are used to emphasize differences among rock and soil materials.

Of course I am aware of this. I have been for many years. My question is why false color images have been presented to the public at large for so many years with the inference that they are true representations of what the surface of Mars really looks like? Why not use the false color images of Mars for scientific research and present the true color images in public press releases from the get go?

Why hedge and haw about the existence of water on Mars when we can see there is not only ice but flowing water on Mats for so many years?

Come on Mack! I am not a beginner on the subject here!
spOOky
Lackey
Lackey

Postby MacK » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:39 am

Actually, I disagree. To date, there is no evidence of flowing water on Mars today. Frozen, yes, flowing, no. There is evidence that there was flowing water some time ago, but to date I am aware of no discovery of flowing water today. In fact, any exposed ice in areas other than the most polar regions usually sublimates rather than melts due to the atmosphere.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby spOOky » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:17 pm

To date, there is no evidence of flowing water on Mars today

Really? I already showed "unofficial" evidence. But from NASA itself, here is more.

http://www.nasa.gov/externalflash/mgs-20061206/index_noaccess.html
spOOky
Lackey
Lackey

Postby MacK » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:21 pm

Thank you for bringing that to my attention, Spooky. Very cool stuff.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pesetas » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:15 pm

Hmmm...I bet it's a CONSPIRACY! :icon43:
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Postby Your Hero Jed » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:59 pm

I bet wind flows like water on mars. Does mars have an atmosphere? Can you have wind in a vacuum? I have wind in my Dirt Devil.
Fresh out of batteries, but we're still making noise.Image
Your Hero Jed
Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Postby BigD » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:56 pm

Your Hero Jed wrote:I bet wind flows like water on mars. Does mars have an atmosphere? Can you have wind in a vacuum? I have wind in my Dirt Devil.

:guitarist: :madscience: :Cheers: :Smokin:

roflmao
BigD
White Collar
White Collar

Postby MacK » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:08 pm

I blow wind quite frequently - does that make me a vacuum?? :icon49:
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby spOOky » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:14 am

Thank you for bringing that to my attention, Spooky. Very cool stuff.

No, thank you sir. I am very honored to be on this forum speaking to an individual with an obvious superior intellect with inside connections to NASA.

I am new here so thanks for taking the time to respond to my nOOb post! It is appreciated.
spOOky
Lackey
Lackey

Postby MacK » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:53 am

spOOky wrote:No, thank you sir. I am very honored to be on this forum speaking to an individual with an obvious superior intellect with inside connections to NASA.

I am new here so thanks for taking the time to respond to my nOOb post! It is appreciated.

EDIT: Removed a long and irritated response.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pesetas » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:53 am

Hey this is getting good! I just might re-kindle my WarMachine impersonation if this keeps up! (course I'll keep the nasty stuff in Hell's Kitchen). :Evil:
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Postby MacK » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:26 am

pesetas wrote:Hey this is getting good! I just might re-kindle my WarMachine impersonation if this keeps up! (course I'll keep the nasty stuff in Hell's Kitchen). :Evil:

PES!!! You piece of dog Sh*ZN*ck!!!! :pokeyaeye:

Oh, wrong forum! :Shades: :Shhhhhh: :icon_e_biggrn:
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Majik » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:32 am

I've found the thread to be quite interesting.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby spOOky » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:30 pm

EDIT: Removed a long and irritated response.

Whoa!!! I hope everyone undeerstands that I was not being sarcastic when expressing my appreciation of this forum and Mack's responses in this thread. If it came off that way I appologize. I really am happy to be able to discuss things like this with people who know a thing or two about the subject. I can't see how my words were misinterpreted as there is not even a hint of sarcasm there.

oh well....
spOOky
Lackey
Lackey

Postby Majik » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:00 pm

Spooky, I did not see it as sarcastic. As all of us know, it is so easy for things to be misinterpeted on a forum.
I hope we can continue on with nothing lost.
Majik
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Area 51