The bizarre and unexplained.

Recent UFO crash near Las Vegas

Postby spOOky » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:24 pm

spOOky
Lackey
Lackey

Re: Recent UFO crash near Las Vegas

Postby Your Hero Jed » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:00 pm

with everything having a camera in it and the internet to spread the word; it's gonna get real hard for agencies to cover things up quietly.
Fresh out of batteries, but we're still making noise.Image
Your Hero Jed
Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Postby pesetas » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:45 pm

But gee...what about Bob? Seriously...this kinda stuff cracks me up... :ROFL:
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Postby MacK » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:42 pm

Well, only one thing seems to be certain - those interviewed believe they saw something. From there, it is all conjecture.

So, here is my struggle with the whole UFO - US Government alien cover-up. Here are a few streams of logic that I have spent some time thinking about. If there were an alien life form out there visiting us, I would guess they would either want us to know about them or not. Taking the first course, If they did want us to know about them, they would have certainly revealed themselves to the human race, notwithstanding any government entity. I don't doubt that if they really wanted to reveal themselves, they could.

Since this has never happened, this would make me think that if aliens were really visiting, they would have hidden themselves and any crashes. I imagine they would have cleaned up on their own, so as to not alert the human race. Some could counter argue that it was a lone ship visiting earth, but this doesn't make sense either - any being intelligent enough to get to earth from some foreign universe without wanting to alert the human race would certainly have a backup plan to keep from getting caught... self destruct, backup recovery vehicles, whatever.

Compounding the above two logic streams with the number of sightings, crashes, coverups, etc, I find it highly implausible that we have ever truly been visited by any intelligent extra-terrestrial being. Of course, another stream of logic could argue that the US Gov was in cahoots with the aliens and was working to keep it secret from humans. My follow-up question would then be why in the world the US Government? I mean, wouldn't they also work with other governments? If so, wouldn't you think it would sneak out at some point? I guess you could take the X-Files route, but still... seriously, how plausible is it?

Anyhow, just some of my logic. I love UFO sightings and have read several books about them. Ask my wife, I am one of the bigger UFO/alien fans out there, and I still struggle with actually believing. I want to believe, but logic argues otherwise.

So what about the video? My gut tells me it is more likely that it was a low orbit intelligence satellite that fell or some blackops tech the military is working on. One thing is certain - we will probably never know in our lifetime.
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Postby pesetas » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:41 pm

Mack...

"The truth is out there"....... :Thinkin:
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Postby StrongMAD » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:56 pm

Yeah, but the lies are already in my head, and who'm I gonna believe?
*FDB*Loki - Couldn't hit a planet at close range...
StrongMAD
White Collar
White Collar

Postby MacK » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:03 am

StrongMAD wrote:Yeah, but the lies are already in my head, and who'm I gonna believe?

Strong, good point - you study black holes, quantum mechanics and singularities. Your mind is like a trap, nut'n gett'n out!
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby StrongMAD » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:31 pm

That's probably very, very bad from a publishing perspective....
StrongMAD
White Collar
White Collar

Postby MacK » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:14 pm

Good call. Although you might be in luck - if black hole evaporation theory stands true, assuming your brain sucks things in like a black hole, some matter might just escape. Although, if true, it should also eventually stop sucking things in and evaporate. I am personally not a fan of the whole brain evaporation prospect.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby StrongMAD » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:13 pm

Actually, my office mate recently proved that not only do black holes evaporate, but no information is lost in the process. So yeah, eventually everything that's gone in should come out again. It just takes an incredible length of time...
StrongMAD
White Collar
White Collar

Return to Area 51