India

The bizarre and unexplained.

India

Postby pesetas » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:28 am

Why is it that about every month or so a story like this pops up. Not to be overly callous about this but DAMN...

"JODHPUR, India (Sept. 30) - At least 168 people were killed and 100 injured when thousands of pilgrims stampeded Tuesday at a Hindu temple in the historic town of Jodhpur in western India, officials said.
Severe overcrowding apparently caused the crush as more than 12,000 people gathered at the temple to celebrate a Hindu festival, Jodhpur Police Superintendent Malini Agarwal said."
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Re: India

Postby MacK » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:51 am

Sadly, I am not overly surprised. I am headed to Pune, India in November - I will take mental note to avoid the festivals.
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Postby pesetas » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:00 am

Well it's been awhile since I've read of a good ol' stampede in India but if you keep the faith another will surely come along...

http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/go ... a/19677171
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him"
- Sun Tzu

...1500+ and still spamming...
pesetas
Master
Master

Postby MacK » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:03 pm

LOL!!! I am going to have to send this to my India team and see if any of them know about this.
Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am, But as good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are, bad as I am.
MacK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Human Verification: 8

Return to Area 51